Shad and BlueGill

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by benneeb0y, Sep 5, 2006.

1. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    If I kept them in the same bait tank do think they would fight or anything. Because I went bait fishn saturday (usually for blue gill) and all of a sudden I got 2 shad. i didnt think they where even in the lake. well 1 was bait that nite and the other went into the tank at home. Today I found it dead. And there are about 12 blue gill in the same tank. the scales where all gone on one side of the shad. Anyone here keep them in the same tank? thanks!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I fI had to guess it would be that the shad stressed itself to death and the bluegills pecked at it aiding in the lose of scales.

3. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    humm... sounds logical. guess i wont need to feed them bad boys then :)

4. kingkat

kingkat New Member

State:
    nc
    If you put shad in a round live well they will live longer. they some times in a square live well will keep running into the corners an that kills them. Keep mine in a 55 gal round live well made out of a plastic barrel.

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I had Shad and Warmouths (Googleye) in the same tank and Warmouths ate the shad heh.. Reached in to get a shad, couldnt find em.. Picked out a warmouth and it had the tail of the shad hanging out of it :roll_eyes:

6. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    oh okay. i have rectangle tub from target. i did notice the day b4 they where split with bluegill facing the wall on one side and the one shad on the other side facing the wall. i could feel the tension :)