Shad...ache

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by ironcat, Jun 14, 2007.

1. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    What's the deal? I've been going to the spillway around 10th Street and Lynhurst....I toss my cast net in hopes of a large supply of shad; however, seems my luck brings more suckers than shad each toss. Is it the location? or just my toss skills? Please advise.

Also, anyone have luck with the Eagle Creek spillway? If so, where do you park to cast your net? I may give that location a try.

2. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    if your catching more suckers than shad thats what u need to be using. cut sucker is the best bait in my opinion than anything else you can get.

3. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    i have had trouble the last three weeks catching them. went tonight to catch some for a tourney tomarrow and only caught 12. usually catch enough in one throw to fill a couple five gallon buckets, but i dont keep that much. throw most back that i think i wont need

4. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Try no current areas up close to the bank, the shad are spawning right now down here in Lafayette, I cast my net the other night and caught 15-20 on the first cast. They were pretty easy to find, they were causing such a rucus--they looked like they were trying to jump up onto the bank!