Sexy Actresses

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i think about this when i watch tv shows these days(which is not often).
    todays big screen women seem seamy and base to me. not the classic beauty that we used to see, imo. and then, to make it worse, these latter day "stars" have no morals and can't act like a lady.

i realize that a lot of stuff movies stars used to do didn't get broadcast, but the perception is there, nonetheless.

so here are some of the women that i think of when someone says beautiful actress to me...and it isn't just looks - there has be some style and class involved.

anyone have any to add? and gals, what is your opinion?

in no particular order
    Ursula Andress
    Kim Basinger
    Racquel Welch
    Jacqueline Bisset
    Marilyn Monroe
    Sophia Loren
    Ann-Margret
    Katherine Ross
    Elke Sommer

there are others that i can't remember off hand, but you see what i mean.
    i think todays "actresses" are mostly on the sleazy side, or does it just seem that way because of the publicity?

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Phil, I don't know your interpretation of sleazy. Mine for it is "easy" Used to be a woman held herself aloof from men. Hard to get, complicated, look but don't touch. They gave one a sense of dignity and just not sex. They conveyed a sense of secrecy and intimacy without making it apparent.

I always felt less or little around women like that. I admired them, held the door open for them, smiled at them and never thought any more about it after they went by.

Women are not the same any longer. They come up to you now, you don't have to go looking. Takes the fun or sport or spirit out of it. I think it belittles them and makes them less. There is no pride or purpose in their lifestyles. Party on as if there were no tomorrow.

One of the many reasons I don't go to movies or watch television anymore. Not because I am a prude or against them, there is just not the same feeling toward women I used to have. You can only take so many innuendo jokes and speeches before it gets old.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Gotta have Angela Jolie in there and Barbara Eden .... :roll_eyes:

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    How about Angie Dickinson? I whole heartedly agree with the classy women thing. Later Andy

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I miss spelled her name, Angelina Jolie I think something like that.

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Phil, I'd have to slip Bo Derek and Jane Russell in there somewhere...:cool2:

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    My picks would be

1. Catherine Bell
    2. Charlize Theron
    3. Audrey Hepburn - for the Old school :wink:

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I kind of like Selma Hyack she is very talented ,knows several languages and not bad actor either

10. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    don't forget Sandra Bulloch, I was savin myself for her till she married that tattooed jessie james!:crazy:

11. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What about Jane Seymore? Classy in an oldschool sort of way I think. Not exactly a bombshell, but she possesses some of the characteristics you describe. Since when was Marylin Monroe of good moral character?

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Mr.Washburn, this thread has me befuzzled buddy. But boys will be boys :big_smile:. Considering who you are and what you believe in, I could quote a few verses from the good book, but I won't. However, reading your list I wonder what your definition of "classy" is. I'm certainly not defending the antics of SOME of today's famous women, but quite a few females in showbusiness have done whatever was necessary (even in the past) to further their careers. Almost all of the women on your list have appeared nude, either in pictures/magazines and/or movies. Personally, I'm not sure how moral that is, appearing naked for billions of people.

Note to the brothers/sisters: Be careful doing any research on this subject, I almost picked up a couple of viruses while doing mine. Thank goodness I knew not to click on something I am not familiar with, and fixed the problems before anything bad happened.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i seen sophia loren in hugh's magazine during the 50 year celebs pictorial.

14. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I would have to add Julia Roberts to the list

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Nutten a little shot in the butt wont take care of :smile2::tounge_out::eek:oooh::wink:

16. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Angelina ??? bleck... She does nothing for me.. Brad Pitt is not a very smart man in my opinion.. Jennifer Aniston is a waaaay hotter and classier woman. Jolie they type you pick up in a Bar, Aniston the one to make a life with imho..

There are several "classy" ladies of modern film Phil.. Maybe its not the women becoming less, but the movies being made??

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Penelope Cruz, Selma Hyack, Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron, Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts. Thats who I want at my next birthday party. :009::0010::worship:

18. kctinner

kctinner New Member

State:
    missouri
    I like Selma Hayek and what about Jessica Biel

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yer gonna get one in the butt yerself, but it won't be a vaccine. Gettin' my boots on now :wink:.

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    mm Jessica Biel....

Now that honey is moving on up the ladder :smile2: