Sewage Disaster on the OHIO River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by RisenDevil, Nov 12, 2009.

1. RisenDevil

RisenDevil New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Approximately 8 million gallons of raw sewage was dumped into the Ohio river yesterday. Here's a link with the news story http://www.wlky.com/news/21587640/detail.html

Just thought everyone should know who fishes on or lives along the Ohio River.:eek:oooh::angry::sad2:

2. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    OMG...that is horrible. That just sickens me:sad2:

3. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    damn.......wonder how many fish will be lost......

4. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    OH POO. THATS A LOT OF CRAP. DON'T DRINK DOWN STREAM.:eek:oooh:

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Well that stinks....

6. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    aw,now ya'll don't panic that little spill ain't dodo.really trust me ,my favorite river runs through atlanta ga. and it sounds like thats a pretty rare accurance up there.it'll fix itself,flowing water purifies itself.down here atlanta has a huge spill it seems like at least a couple of times a year.hopefully this is yalls last,we've got many more to look forward to!

7. festus

festus New Member

I live in the country and we just have plain old septic tanks. But most of the little hick towns around here with wastewater treatment plants quite often spill stuff into our streams. It's really bad when farmers have livestock that have to drink this stuff. We've had enough rain this year down this way to flush out our waterways to an extent, it's really much worse during seasons of drought.

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Don't worry guys,
    It's only the second biggest dry weather spill in the last few years.
    The way I read that there have been even bigger ones due to flooding.

Makes one wonder how much of this kind of crap goes unreported.
    (Excuse the pun)

...W

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Channel Cats,Flathead Cats,Blue Cats,I can see the Post now coming from Indiana !!! Hay Fellas What Be this kind of Catfish I done caught??? Hell there Newt That be one of them there Mutated TURD Cats Ya"all have up that way. What was Ya using for Bait? No wait a second,I Don't want to know,Ya might want to haul him down to Bass Pro. and sell um so they can put it in there Big fish tank,:wink:. J.D.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  10. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    All joking aside I bet that would be a hell of a spot to fish right now with all that flow and food for the baitfish. Probably stacked full of white bass too. Might even get lucky and catch a turd loving carp

11. festus

festus New Member

Believe it or not, the effluent of a municipal wastewater treatment plant that's operated efficiently can be a trophy fishery. The treated water released has been churned and aereated, and is full of oxygen. Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency used to stock rainbow trout at some of these points. However, there were signs posted everywhere not to eat the fish. But as everyone knows, human error and breakdown in mechanical devices is always the downfall.

12. RisenDevil

RisenDevil New Member

State:
    Indiana