Severe weather

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by spoonfish, Jun 15, 2008.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I hope no one was out on the lake today. We just had severe weather roll thru that started around 2:30. High line winds had my giant oak trees allmost bent to the ground. Extreme heavy rains and lightning. Hope everyone is safe.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    We got a lite shower and nothing else. Finally got lucky i guess. Hope everyone is ok.

3. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Glad ya made it ok Troy. Just wish ya would of keep it up there. We didn't need it down here. Of course none of us needed it.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    It was weird here with the high line winds, trees were bending something awfull but the stuff on the ground didnt seem to move. Lawn chairs ect. all in there origional place.?. We missed the hail that some areas got.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Update.We're fixin to get out turn in the barrel it looks like. Tornado alerts to the west along with flash flooding. It's headin my way they say.:angry: Oh well, we all know what THEY say.:wink:

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    This sure has been a year for bad weather. Everybody just keep an eye out when they are on the water if there is a chance for storms coming in. Everybody stay safe.

Tom

7. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had my two sons on the lake yesterday. 8 and 5 years old. Just wanting to spend the day with them. it was Lincoln Lake you can only use trolling motors there. Out of nowhere the wind picked up my two sons were wanting to head back to the bank. I was on the far side of the lake and the trolling motor just would not move us in the wind. Had to drop anchor and they crawled in some cubby spaces because of the HAIL. Just waited it out, then about 15 minutes later it was calm as could be and fish were hitting topwater. They were scared but afterwards they said it fun.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Glad you and the boys made it thru ok Steve. Im sure they were scared. The storm we had go thru here dumped 3 inchs of rain and I sure wouldn't have wanted to have been on the lake with the straight line winds that were with it. I didnt loose any trees on the property except for some dead limbs but just down the lane on the neighbors it took out most all of a big oak that snapped in several places.