Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are taking a pounding. One storm cell right after another since 10:30. Sixty mph wind broke the power pole in front of my house and the next 3 down the road. I got electrical lines laying across my truck and the big tree in front. Two more cells have gone through since then and they say the next one is 5 miles west heading this way. Said on radio there was tennis ball size hail obsevered in the one about ready to come through. Don't need any of that. Lucky I haven't heard of any tornados. Just nasty winds, hail, and lightning. These storms just keep poping up right on top of us with the cold front meeting the warm air we have had here the last couple days.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Hang in there , and head into subterranean hiding if the conditions , especially the hail , exacerbate.
There was a bad malestrom here in the early part of April , I think a level 8 for this area. The first time I'd been in a hailstorm since I was 5 , I believe. I thought they would break through the roof!! The stones were only about .5" in diameter , but sounded like a bevy of golfballs!! Stay safe!!

· Registered
428 Posts
We are taking a pounding. One storm cell right after another since 10:30. Sixty mph wind broke the power pole in front of my house and the next 3 down the road. I got electrical lines laying across my truck and the big tree in front. Two more cells have gone through since then and they say the next one is 5 miles west heading this way. Said on radio there was tennis ball size hail obsevered in the one about ready to come through. Don't need any of that. Lucky I haven't heard of any tornados. Just nasty winds, hail, and lightning. These storms just keep poping up right on top of us with the cold front meeting the warm air we have had here the last couple days.
I hope it dies some before it get to Indiana..They say it's coming in here later tonight and could be pretty strong.....

· Banned
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for well wishes guys. Everything turned out ok for me. Some were not so lucky. Couple of houses lost roofs and one lost their garage. Lots of pivots turned over and a whole bunch of power poles down besides mine. Looks like no injuries I have heard of so that is good. The wind was stupid crazy. Got to Milford tonight and the marina slips at military are upside down in the water. That is nuts. That was a big dock with 10 slips. Here is a picture of it.

If you got my voice mail Tom, we can put in at military in the morning. They got it opened back up tonight.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.