Severe storms last night in Tennessee

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by rcneman, Apr 3, 2006.

1. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    i just wanted to offer my sincere condolences and prayers to anyone who may check this board that was affected by the deadly events that occurred last night. The last I heard at least 19 people have perished(in TN), mostly in western tennessee. I had also heard a large tornado did a lot of damage in Hopkinsville, Ky.

my prayers and thoughts are with you.

sincerely

rc

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    i heard of one death last night in Arkansas just north of Paragould from the storms. Got some siding damage here on the house. Had hail the size of golf balls about 3-4 inches deep at the side of the house.

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i too would like to add my condolences,to those who suffered loss.

4. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    There was a 54 yr. old man that died in a clothing store collapse here in Fairview Heights Ill., I think that is the only death close to here but 1 to many. My prayers also go out to those who have lost loved ones and houses do to this terrible storm.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers sent to the families that lost loved ones.

6. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    prayers go out to all that have lost loved ones.

7. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    We had a couple of trees blow down in the yard last night. We have them all cleaned up now except for the stumps. Our neighbor had the vinyl soffit ceiling on her front porch blown loose. Strips of vinyl scattered all over. Other than that, everything is ok here.

8. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i have to say we got lucky in my little path of heaven the storms seem to go above or just below me.sorry to all the folks that got hammered.

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Called a buddy of mine that lives at Dyersburg Tn. And he had been out almost all night. They had found 15 dead north east of there.
    Sure was bad.
    Pete

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Now their here in NC...man it's real bad!

11. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    I also send out my thoughts, prayers and best wishes to all of those who lost loved ones, and who were effected by the storms last night.

12. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I guess the suberbs of nashville got hit pretty hard eleven people were confirmed dead last night, I don't know if the count went up over night.I'm thinking about building a tornado shelter, seems like they get closer every year.

13. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Tom they so seam to be getting stronger. Wonder if its from all the open space now? You know the wind even blows more now.
    Pete

14. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I dodged the bullet by about 100 yards a few years ago. I'ts a terrable expierence. Something you just never forget. I'm still gun-shy everytime the wind picks up. And yes, they DO sound like a freight train. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has lost a loved one or had severe damage.

15. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Yea, the weather has sure changed around here in the last five years, I just hate being out on the road, and Laura being here by her self, I left out last sunday night ahead of the storms and got up there on I-71 and the wind hit me and I thought it was going to blow me over, I had 44 thousand in the trailer, I slowed down and pulled in the old chicken house up at campbellsburg and went to bed...

16. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I have been through all kinds of weather Hurricanes'. tornados give me a hurricane if I got to pick you can just leave if you want tornandos dont give much warning. My sympathy go out to al thoes efected by this tornando