Severe storms! are we all ok?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Mar 14, 2006.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wow. this weekend was unbelievable. we had 70 degree temps even after midnight. thought is was great. seems not. that was very much a warning from old mother nature. it was a mass of unstable air that a lot of us know now.

central illinois was hit with some of the worst storms cells since the 50's.

springfield the state capitol was hit not once but twice be twisters and a third severe storm. it traveled down wabash ave destroying many buisnesses and homes. at 8pm they were crowded. a roof was totally removed from a crowded gordmans. roofs were ripped off a wal-mart and many windows blown out.

there were a maze of power lines down and most of the capitol city was without power. thw twister traveled just 15 miles south of waynesville where i live and cut a long path of destruction. it came from a hook echo on the rear side of the storm. at 2am another hook formed on a storm and another twister was spotted with strong wind sheers detected all around it right in the same area of the gordmans. soon it disipated thankfully.

not long after the 3rd wave of storms went through at around 3am.

chestnut is a small town just a few miles south of me and they said on the scanned that 100 mile an hr winds were hitting there not associated with the tornado.:eek:

we got real lucky. just torential rain from the first 8 pm storm, rain from the second and and some 60+ mile per hr sheer at 3:15 am with heavy rain and frequent lightning from the third. well frequent light shows from all relly. at 3:25 the moon and stars were out.:confused: :eek:

so how are ya all that were in the path from mo, to indiana.

subnetzero is in sherman. very close to springfield. how did ya all make out.

i have not heard any deaths as of yet. the folks at the gordmans were ok.

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    We got lucky here in Sherman.. Rain, Hail, and Wind.. Nothing destructive though.... My Bro lives out on the Southwest end of Spfld Close to the Walmart/Shopping center that got hammered.. He lost some Shingles, Sidding and blew part of his privacy fence down, but all in all, pretty damn lucky too...

Something like 10K houses still without power around the City....

I hope everyone else faired as well...

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thats good to hear. i have not heard of any lost lives as of yet. just property damage.

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    WCIA says that 1000 homes are unlivable, thats a lot of damage. Rt 72 to be closed for a few hours while they are working on elect. lines. I'm glad we missed it here, also glad you guys missed it .

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wow. man thats not good news there. we had 70 degree weather last week and now we have snow storms. :confused: