setting the hook

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by nicka2231, Jul 1, 2009.

1. nicka2231

nicka2231 New Member

State:
    Texas
    i get a lot of bites but im not landing them like i should. i know ppl told me im not setting the hook right i guess i do it too soon, i dont know. my question is what is the best setting hook to catch fish on for someone who is bad at setting hooks?:embarassed:

2. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    try a circle hook I fished with j hooke for a very long time then these guys got me to try circle hooks now I get 95 to 100 percent hook up.If you stay with the j hooks your problem maybe your hook size.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well if youre using a regular hook.. J.. wait till hes got a bend in your pole and let er rip that way you know its got the hook in its mouth and is heading the other way. if your using a circle hook just sit back and relax like fisking a bank line (assumeing you have your rod in a good rod holder) then reel er in when hes jood and hooked.

4. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    use some circle hooks and let the fish hook himself. sometime the bits are little fish that dont take the bait so it might not be that your not good at setting the hook you might just be getting bites by turtles or little fish.

Good luck to ya:cool2: