Setting the baitclicker

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by catchinghogs, Apr 24, 2006.

1. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Was wandering if you can change the amount of tension on the baitclicker on an Abu ss 6601c3?

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    can someone help me here please

3. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    Not owning one of these, I can only guess it has the same stardrag as all the other Garcia reels. Did you tighten the stardrag? This as you know tightens up the spool which allows you to cast lighter or heavier lures and weights. It will also make your freespool or clicker harder to pull, thus tightening the clicker. Do I make sense to you. Try it and let me know how you make out.
    John

4. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    I suppose you could bend the clicker so it had more tention against the wheel but you might not like the results. If this is reel has some use on it, you might consider replacing the clicker as well. If you could explain what it is that you are wanting the reel to do for you, you might get a different answer.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ok, I don't own that particular reel but on almost all reel's there is the little silver knob on the side of the reel. That should be what tighten's and loosen's the tension for casting and for the clicker.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    loosen or tighten the spool tension knob on the right side of the reel under the star drag.

7. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea i dont think that the star drag matters for the casting tension you can either leave it in cast mode and tighten down the tension know or engagew the reel and loosen the drag up i think either works