Set lines perfect for NE rivers

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by jrgriffhusker, Apr 6, 2009.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Okay you guys wanted to see them here they are. I hope you get the jest of it. If not drop me a PM and I'll try to explain. I've seen them with PVC, inner tube's and all that other good stuff. I'll put mine up against any of the other style's. I caught a 6 lber on one of these and all it did was crack the pole. And it was in the middle of the blue river at the end of a sandbar. Not tied off to anything.

HPIM0604.jpg

HPIM0605.jpg

2. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    so just some rebar rope and tent poles from the looks of it huh? looks like theyll work sounds like they do... kewl thanks for the idea ill see what i can do. Thank You

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Actually those are just old poles that I bought at a garage sale. I bought a whole lot of them for 5 buck and used just the top of them for the poles. I like to use like 5 inches past the joints that way if one breaks, like it's happened before I can throw the top away and just find another pole to fit in. My dad says I use to much pole but it works well for me. Remember when you weld the rebar to the copper to use flux covered brazing rod. And I use string line that you buy for setting forms when doing concrete work. It holds up real good I can pull them cats out of any hole with this type of line.