Set Hook Keeper

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Fire-Man, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Member

State:
    South Carolina
    How do you all keep your set-hooks Stored from one Setting to the next? You know---so they don't get tangled. I have a deal set-up that Every Cat fisherman that has seen it Likes, but some of you might have a better deal. I will try to figure out how to post a pic so you can see mine. Randy

2. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I use foma ice chest. I start at one coner and go around the chest laying one line on top of the other. I have them numbered 1-25. When I put back out I always start with 25 and go back to one.

3. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That is what most fishermen use around here or a 5 gallon bucket with knotches around the top for the hook. Anyone else Got The Best or a Great Idea for a Set Hook Holder?? Randy

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I use an old round foam minnow bucket, as I wind the line around, the hook sticks in the top of the bucket, and the lines hang inside. Have had the same bucket for almost 10 years now, it has about had it, but works like a charm.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    made this a few years ago. I really like it....

Attached Files:

6. Wildchilde01

Wildchilde01 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lawrence, I reallt like that idea, I think I will make one like that myself.

I've been useing little boxes and pill bottles but sometimes the line gets kinked, nicked, or cut when you close them up.

7. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If This pic will post-----This is my Hook Bucket, It Works REAL Good for me. I Used a like 3 gal bucket and 1 1/4 pvc pipe cut the right length so when the lid is put on---you can turn the bucket upside down with out any thing messing up. The line is wrapped around a length of 1/2" pvc pipe cut in half and knotched on each end also the line is tied to one end. My Name is wrote on the 1/2" pvc and I let the pvc hang as a marker so I can see it at night in a glance with a Q-beam. You could always paint it if you wanted it to not stand out. I Really Like it. Randy

Attached Files:

8. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    here in south carolina we have to use name tags on our set lines. i cut 4in. long by 2in. wide by 3/8 thick white plastic sheet. i tie this about 2 1/2 feet from the end i hook on the limb. i drill another hole in the other end of the tag and then wrap the line around the tag and hook the hook in the hole. then i just put them in a 3 gal. bucket and head to the river. i also use troutline clips on them to make it easier at the tree. i toss them over twice and hook it into itself. this saves time over tying them.

Hope this is a help
    Good luck and don't catch all the BIG ONES!!

GARY