Set a new personal best!!

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by Fry Guy, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I've been on leave and went back to Oregon for a few weeks. Me and a buddy got together and did some fishing for a few days while I was back. We both set our personal best within 10 minutes of eachother (what are the chances) We had been fishing all day and caught several between 16 and 22 inches, the sun had just set and my buddy and I had switched to a sinking rapala minnow fishing the Williamson River. We had just come back to a deep hole we had fished earlier in the day and he made his first cast to the bank when it hit. Right away he said oh my god it's a big one. It took him about 10 minutes to play it out and get it to the boat. We didn't have a net big enough to get it so we had to just flip it into the boat. Neadles to say we were both pretty excited. After that on his next cast he caught a 21 incher which looked pretty small next to that fish. By this time I'm thinking man I wish I could get something like that but it's almost completely dark so we start back to the dock and decide to hit up one more hole on the way back. We get to the last hole and on my first cast I tied into a BIG one as well. After about 15 minuts I finally get mine up to the boat and get it in. Ended up catching one more after that about 20 inches. His was 30 inches and mine was 28 but a little fatter. They both weighed 10.5lbs each. The next morning we went back and on the very first cast he caught a 9lber around 27 inches. Talk about a fight on 6lb line in a current. In three days we ended up catching around 60+lbs of fish. One of the best fishing trips I've had.

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    AWESOME!!! I'd keep hitting those holes, congrats!

would LOVE to see some pics if you got them!

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats on the new PB's, but what kind of fish were yall catching?

4. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    ya, thats great keep it up!!!!

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Duh, I mean what type of trout were you catching?

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Congrats on your new PB:cool2:

7. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    LOL. Rainbow trout. I would love to keep hitting those holes but alas I am back in Missouri now and wont be back home for another year.