set a few lines - used eels as bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Jollymon, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    A buddy of mine an i went up on the black river last night an set a few lines, went back this morning to check an pick them up .Out of 25 lines we set we got , 3 channels 5-8 lbs 1 blue 24.7 lbs an 10 flatheads from 7.3 lbs to 41.5 lbs ,man what a fish fry we going to have :wink:.Bait of choice bream an eels ,sorry no pics camera went swimming :angry:

2. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    What's the date on that fry, I'm hungry! Sounds like you'all picked out some good spots to set. Sorry bout the camera though. Maybe someone will catch it for you.

3. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Wow Dickie! Sounds like you had fun......Congrats!

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Congrats on a great catch!

5. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Way to go Dickie, that had to be alot of fun:big_smile:

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Congrats on a great catch

7. Knalves

Knalves New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That's great! thanks for sharing.

8. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    way to go dickie.........wish i was there with ya....sounds like you guys had fun....most definately a better night that we had!

9. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Good job on the great catch Dickie , sounds like ya'll had a blast ...:big_smile::wink::smile2:

10. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    great catch dickie i,d help you look for your camera but my glasses are swimming in lake wylie lost them sat nite :angry::crazy::big_smile: dam their goes another dollar thankfully only reading glasses

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Dickie, are you still wearing that smile:smile2::smile2: Sounds like you had a real good reason to wear a big one. Congrats and thanx for sharing. Stay safe and eat a coupla pieces for me!!!:wink:

12. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    R bluegills good to use for channel cats fresh or died, and is it ok if the r a day old anyone

13. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello John and welcome to the BOC. Fresh cut gills are your best bet, in fact, fresh cut or live bait usually out performs dead or frozen--usually but not always since fish have a mind of their own:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

14. tarheelbluemark

tarheelbluemark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like a great night of fishing. Sorry your camera decided to go swimming:eek:oooh:

15. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I knew at least one person would have something to say about this post. At least he whent back and checked the lines.I think the prob with th boc is if you dont cpr all the fish your the bad guy.and if things dont change the boc will suffer for it. If you dont like that the man got him some fish to eat Dont read the post or at least dont post trying to get the pot going

16. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Congrats on a great night of fishing, I will bring the french fries so when is the fish fry my friend :smile2:.

17. crashman

crashman Guest

Hey man great night. When you say set lines do you just tie them to trees or what? I never tried that, but my brother goes jug fishing. Seems like set lines would be easier than hunting for jugs if what i'm thinking is correct.

18. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    See when people do it LEGALLY that's not a big deal man. You have come in and posted on threads about people ILLEGALLY keeping big fish. I have always said and will continue to say that if you do it legally and pick up your stuff there's nothing wrong with it. Also, he didn't go out the next night and get another bunch of fish, and the next night and the next night.

19. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    tag im it....well 1st of all....is there really a way of "illegally keeping a catfish"....its not a game fish in our state....no limit....heck the state wants them out of our river system.......shine as far as dickie's rank goes.....he's earned it putting in alot into this site and helping and sharing info with all...even the newbies.....he bought his liscense......caught his bait.....bought his gas....spent his time at it......the bottom line........no store bought fish will equal the value, taste, or the memory of that fish..........FISH ON DICKIE......:wink: