Server busy.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jan 14, 2008.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Whats the deal with (the server too busy at this time ).How many getting this besides me. I tried 3 times awhile ago to answer a post and got that message each time.Bad when your on dial up and lose what you had typed in. Whats the Deal?

2. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    It happens to me from time to time.

3. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    John,
    I hear ya bro, been happening to me alot lately, sometimes cant even get on at peak times. I dont know about you or everyone but im really getting tired of it too. Takes forever to view a post, then lose your reply if the server is busy. This is the first and probably the last year I'll donate to the site if this continues. rspd507

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    yeah me too, add ,can't spell worth a hoot and the wife is going to bed and it really starts to hurt.lol:big_smile:

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thats because we broke 1000 members at a time here. 1002 last I checked.

6. plowgirl78

plowgirl78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    This is happened to me alot too in the last few days. I have dial-up too so i hear ya on the "Losin it all" !!!

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well, when you are on the same server you started on about 3 years ago and have grown like we have and have numbers like this:

Most users ever online was 1,002, Today at 08:18 PM.

That happens. We are currently in the process of changing over to a new server to help eliminate this problem. In the 5 years+ that I've been a member of this club, Paul has always addressed this problem ASAP. But you know with him in Iraq, it takes a bit more time. He does the lion share of the work when we change over, and that's just not easy from there. This just started happening in the past few weeks. Out of 5 years, and most old timers will tell you it's true, that's just not terribly bad. Give it some time, be patient and all will be fixed. Thanks for your loyal support in this matter.

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    As a matter of fact, I'm on an ISDN connection. Just slightly faster than dial-up. So I feel your pain too. But we are working on it diligently, you can count on that.

9. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I've read some of Paul's posts about the new server and upgrading. I have NO doubt he is working hard to keep us up to speed.

I've noticed the server being busy too. I've taken to just putting a reply in notepad, then c&p into a reply to keep from losing it. It can be frustrating!

I can be patient though and appreciate what ALL Paul is doing for us, both BOC and personally related.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Good things come to those that wait.

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Yeah, what Whistler said. Don't make you feel any better, but that is the reason. All of life is a growth process and when you stop growing, well, the dasies start growning then.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    very true. it is annoying and ive had lots of trouble lately. but whistler is correct. ive been a member for a while. early 04 and was all then way to royalty status before ALL MY POSTS WERE LOST in the change over,lol. and teas probably 1,000,000 lol. how many did he have on the old format i know DH could find this one.

believe me. it will be fixed. paul has always been diligent in fixing things up for us.

rspd507 just wait. i assure ya this will be addressed. all $ you and everyone donates goes toward fixing things around here. and i also assure ya that more still comes from pauls pocket to keep us togather. this site has entered me into a whole new term for the word family. over the years ive shook hands, laughed, fished, drank, helped, been given help, gave, been given to, won a $300 KEEL SHIELD, won 2 BBQ contests with great seasonings for prizes,and cried when we lost members and staff with over 100 members personally in 3 states. i could never gotton so much from so little.

by the way its high time i stick to my post. sending first of my donations now. i need my star back. give it time. paul will take care of it and be sure and thank him for his time given to us even while in a forign hostil country defending us.

donations coming. change the name of this thread to paul needs OUR help. donation coming now.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We're family and family sticks together no matter what the weather! Paul is serving our Great Country and doing double time by striving to keep our computers all up to snuff. I say be patient it will all work out for our good!!:wink::wink:Sister Pat

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    just sent another $20 your way.

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I been doing this until the temporary problem is taken care of:

On long post, Copy to your clipboard before hitting Preview... if the server is busy you can Paste it in a mail draft, notepad, Word, etc. Later, copy and paste in the post.

Keeps you from having to retype.

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Usually if you make a post and get a “server busy” error, you can use the back button to go back a screen and you will still have what you typed. Just wait a couple of minutes and hit the submit button again to give it another try. "Back" is usually the left arrow icon on the top of your browser, or try just hitting your backspace key one time.

A server upgrade is a pretty big project, both in terms of money and time. It takes a lot to get the new box up and working with all of our data and posts restored and everything working correctly. It’s frustrating I know, but we just need to be patient and know that a fix is in the works.

17. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'll be here till I get the BOOT or the good lord takes me out.even with a new server I'll still be on dial up. so it's just something else to converse about...lol:big_smile:

18. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think it's time for me to put my money where my mouth is too.thanks bro,:wink:

19. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    It's called growing pains but they eventually go away. I know Paul is working hard to fix this problem. These are the good growing pains for the BOC.

:big_smile::cool2:

20. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have been here since january 2001. I had over 1000 post and the server crashed. Paul started over, lost everything. Then I was up over 2000 post the next time. Server crashed again. Since then I havent had the oppertunity to post as much to many people with info that I cant expand on. Great to see growth. Just takes time to make ajustments.

Paul keep up the great work.