Seriously Guys

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Poppa, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I know we talk and have a good time being macho and its all in fun. But I
    think we all need to do some soul searching in advance so if the time ever
    comes we would not make a hurried decision we would regret the rest of our lives. I have all types of firearms and have a pistol permit for my state.
    I deer hunt with modern guns and black powder. I carry a handgun in my
    truck and in my boat. I do this to protect me and mine from the evils of this
    world and to defend my property to a certain extent. I would not allow any-one to beat me or mine and take my truck or boat. But I would not shoot a man for stealing tomatoes out of my garden. Now I jug fish and do some
    limb lining along with reel and rod. I could not live with myself if I made
    some young wife a widow and made some small children somewhere grow
    up with out a dad no matter how sorry he was because he stole some fish.
    We have a lot of time to think when we are fishing waiting for that big one
    to make a run. Ponder these things. I think you will reach the same conclusion I have. Take down his tag no. or boat no. Have him arrested
    put his picture in the local newspaper. This would cause him a lot of em-
    barassment. And Think you could get a good nights sleep.

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I must have missed something here ????

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I will have to admit that I have no idea what you are talking about, but there is defineatly no reason to risk ones life for fishing, no matter how right/wrong he thinks he is.

Hope I am on track!

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well zebo. heres what i can remember from recent past.

guys stealing jugs. talk of shooting guys for taking them.

guys from texas talking about pointing guns at canoers for floating down the creeks.

theres a lot of stuff like this on the b.o.c. in various areas. i know where there at. been in most of them threads. i think hes right.

some joke. but most of the ones ive read werent joking posts from what i made out. only way i would pull a gun. if i felt i wouldnt go home alive if i didnt .

there threads are on here. the one about canoers is in missouri talk. the juggs ones are everywhere lol.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    what ever happened to the gladiators?:crazy:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dang, thats one thing you dont joke with is a gun.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    There was a very recent thread about a fella stompin the snot outa someone for takein his jugs and fish.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The man stealing them jugs & fish had er comin:cool2: can you say OOPS:crazy::cool2 KNUCKLES UP!

9. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.

theres a thread in the NC section about a guys friend got on someones boat when he seen him taking his jugs. thumped his head ,took back his jugs ,and went home.

10. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That`s crazy !!! If these posts are true then they are basically admiting to criminal activity. Not very smart but then again most of the criminals I`ve come across aren`t very smart. LOL !!!

11. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    This is terrible and a hope everyone recognizes the gravity of this...(though clearly somepeople don't)...

we are Here to be brothers after all! If you don't like society; you don't have to participate on the BOC (this is after all a social activity) and you certainly don't need to be saying evil things of people on this board..

I am hoping that each of these postings have been reported.

I find it difficult to know about some of these the devisive conversations that have occurred. Irregardless if the participants consider these conversations 'local' I think they have sad consequences for twisting the BOC into some kind of R&R, CPR advocacy organization rather than the clearly inclusive welcoming house that Paul built.

Perhaps this is the true reason why Paul built, cattalk; so we can use strong enough language to let these devisive, snobbish members know what we think about them:smile2: without being hypocritically unwelcoming.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Id rather call the warden and watch the guy get his boat and gear taken along with his license and a stiff ticket and possible jail time. Now that would be satisfaction.

13. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You want to see some serious idiots, check out that N. Carolina thread. Them boys are constantly getting there shorts in a bind over jugging and trotlineing. lol

Norman can't seem to keep them straight.

14. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Yeah there was just one the other day about how his buddy knocked around some guy because he caught him in the act of stealing his jugs....Would I have beat his a$$? HELL YES and I do not agree with making better decisions because if those idiots wouldnt have been stealing then I wouldnt be trying to beat there A$$e$....I think you are right about not pulling a gun or shooting someone but I THINK A DARN GOOD KIESTER KICKING SOLVES IT JUST FINE DONT YOU? OR DO YOU DISAGREE? lets keep this one friendly

15. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Thinking things through is never bad advice.

Ass kickings can turn deadly in the blink of an eye. Sometimes you put things in motion, and lose all control over events from that point on.

16. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    This is why ya never write a check with your mouth that your a$$ can't cash. :wink:

17. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Jeremy, It couldn't be said any better then you just said it. I just sat in on training secession with my wife to renew her permit," She has the cary permit in this family" and the instructor told the class, If you shoot some one and your life is not in danger, you are the one going to jail. He said never pull it to try and scare someone, are if the bad guy is going away from you, if he is let him go. But He did say if you do have to pull it, shoot to kill,because if you don't he will sue you for every thing you got are ever will get. so it had better be justifiable when you pull your weapon. this is not just for the average citizen but pertains to all law enforcement also

18. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Maybe I had better clarify that just a bit, I can see no scenario, that has to do with fishing that would justify pulling a gun on anybody. like it has already been stated, get his boat number ask for his name, are follow him in and get his license number off his truck. But for god sakes let's not be killing anyone.

19. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    YEAH NO KILLING ONLY KIESTER KICKIN TIME!!!!

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Best thing to carry is a camera, pics dont lie.