Serious thinking being done here

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by tofish, Sep 29, 2007.

1. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i've been thinking on this. i've led a good life. raised family, retired to a great catfishing area here in yuma az. I'M READY TO END IT.
    got your attention now?? fishing is so great i can't believe i'm actually C&R the fish. turned down a trip tonight even. tired. LOL maybe i should turn to B B B BA BA BAS forget it. never turn traiter to catfish and bbbbbass fish.
    anyhow, think will go out again tomorrow and play with fish again. someone want to go?
    gary

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've a good buddy who's a snowbird staying in Yuma. Don't know if he has his gear with him.

3. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well, I have seen evidence of you and some bass, remember Gary?
    Don't make me post that picture of you on this board!!:angry:

I know you will say the same about me but see, the diference is that I am just a newbee fisherman and can be forgiven, I am an multy spicies fisherman. But you are a long time catman and if I was to post a certain picture of you holding a green fish the masses may not be so forgiving.
    I smell blackmail cooking right now. :big_smile:

:0a37::hell_boy:

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Little Louy, i thought you were my friend. after taking you under my wing and getting you back into fishing, and you turn around and give out my secret. :that_hurt: i admit to fishing for more than cats, but never will i go seriously after bass. it's just something to pass time away until the cats bite.
    and by the way, that bass wasn't that small, was it? :misdoubt:
    gary

5. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I am your friend Gary, but I got to keep you honest.:smile2::smile2:

It is all in fun, I wasn't really going to post that picture. :wink:
    Or was I?
    That bass was a decent size, not to bad for a catman.

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    tis all good luey. i know you weren't serious. i know you just are dying to go out again with me. :big_smile:
    but, you did this on the catfish site???? LOL
    gary

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Louie.... get off your duff and come out fishing..... some of us are driving 300 miles to check out the big flats at the lower colorado river..... can you hook up with us, or are you a "PETA BASS BOY" now?????....

bayrunner ray

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    hoo boy, i love this. you answer is luey?
    gary

9. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I am not sure if I am a bass boy Ray, the truth is, I have not been catching many catfish but the bass are starting to like me. :wink:
    I will still fish for cats and try to hook up with you guys, only problem is, we have a new customer at work and it is a big project, I am not sure I can get away. You will be at Picacho, right? I will go back to the other thread and find out the details. I can't promese I will be able to see you guys but I will try.

10. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I went back to other thread, looks like you will be in the area, friday and saturday, is this right Ray? Is Tom comming along?
    Gary and St.fishlayer still plan on meeting with you guys?
    Are you fishing overnight on saturday, I could get out there that night to fish with you guys.

11. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Luey, one guy will be camped at picacho is all and he said he'll be out in boat most of time. ray and tom are camping at squw lake, get there tomorrow. ericf, sgt fishslayer and myself will meet them saturday morning, fish lower river in morning. then ray and a tom will come in to make sandwiches at lunch. then back into boats and upriver until sunday morning. i'm sure if you contact ericf, that you could ride with him, or tom said he could squeez one more into his boat if need to. leaving early saturday though.
    gary

12. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I will more than likely be working saturday morning, so I could not make it then, I can try calling you after work to see where you guys are and what you plan on doing. If I cannot make it or cannot get a hold of you then I guess I will have to go bass fishing on my pontoon.

Hey, how is squaw lake for bass :big_smile:eek:r panfish:confused2:? any good catfishin in there? the one time I was there did seem to me that guys on boats just use the ramp there but don't fish it. If I go fishing on my toon I may just see you when you come back in.

13. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i'm guessing now, but we should be coming in sunday between 10-12. just look for the three boats that are low in water and catfish tails hanging over sides of boats. :confident:
    i answered on bob's site with few spots for fishing. try anywhere on left shoreline i'd think. i see them all along there.
    was thinking. too bad you can't go. could pull your float up and let you float back down. what a trip that would be for you. :)
    gary

14. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yea, I could not get away all weekend, my family needs me around, so they say. I can only get away for a few hours during the day and tought I could swing the whole night but not be gone like you bachelors do.
    But you pulling me up river would be a cool thing to try one of this days. I think I may just try fishingods spot in the river, for bass.:smile::haha::0a24:

15. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Luey, shhhhhhhhhh, but that one time you brought wife and kids over, she told me that you were a workaholic. if you'd quit working all those saturdays, maybe she'd start letting you go once in awhile. :0a36: you've admitted it also. (not saying you're not busy now though)
    also, as reminder (since my mind doesn't forget some things,) you guys promised me a dinner. still waiting. :hungry::smile2:
    gotta get you back out again sometime. i really enjoyed the times we did go.
    gary

16. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I know I work long days Gary, when I feel I could be getting ahead on something I like to do it. I had most of the summer off on the weekends, but work is beginning to pick up, and there are a few things that I am in charge of and have to get done. I guess this is why I don't like leaving them for the whole weekend, when I get home during the week I only get to see my kids for a couple of hours before they go to bed and the weekends are our time togheter. I figure in a few years when they are doing their own thing and don't want to hang with the old man I can do all the fishing I want and work less hours.

You are right about dinner, I will talk to my wife and plan it. She mention it some time a go too. Maybe we can do some carne asada or something like that.