serious iowa world record 322+

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Dec 22, 2007.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this i just heard. the walking world record was killed in sept by a 15 year old boy with a muzzeloader. it said the green score was 322 and change smashing the mike beaty buck as the largeast buck ever taken by a hunter. i had seen the video in 2002 and he is now dead. it said it will be rest assured the new world, and muzzeloader record after it has dried 60 days and is panel scored by boone and crocket.

http://www.inmetrodetroit.com/outdoors/hunting/Iowa_Buck.htm

here is a link

2. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice buck. I'd like to have one like him in my sights. My 16yo son would like it also, he has yet to kill a deer of any sex. Later Andy

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i saw this video a couple years ago. they claimed it was still alive. i cant believe it. well i guess it was bound to happen. lucky lil fella.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    that deer was shot a year or two ago not this year.:wink: hes a nice one though.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The B&C record is 333 7/8, found dead near St. Louis Missouri in 1982 or '83.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya the missouri monarch. im talking world record killed by a hunter. wich this one now is. the mo/mon is #1 but found dead and the hole in horn is #2 but still found dead. this giant was taken by a hunter. now takes the reigns from the mike beatty buck wich was the former non typical that was biggest taken by a hunter (bow) at 304 6/8ths.

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Official net score is 307 5/8. I don't know why B&C hold the found dead dear in such high regard. Impressive indeed, but the hunter killed giants are much more interesting to me. Anybody know if this buck has been officialy entered into the record book at this score?

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thats exactly what im wondering. says on the cover of north american whitetail, largest ever taken by hunter. but i went to boone and crocket records and see the mo/mon. ????? yes its the biggest but its not been taken by legal hunting methods????? this buck in semetry looks more impressive than the mo/ mon. what a giant. i cant believe i hadnt heard this story yet.

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Last night, I went to the B&C website to look up the records. Said I had to join, and there was a $40 fee. They only show the 2 found dead deer, and a monster cous deer.:confused2:

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well now im all confused...lol. i thought the hole in the horn buck from ohio was the world record? i think the deer in the lead story here lost some growth the year it was harvested or broke some points off or maybe going down hill a little. could of been a bad year but i dont think the horns on the deer was as big as the found sheds from the year before.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    no, the whole in the horn is runner up behind the missouri monarch.

and the big boy had some antler issues the year before it was shot but in 03 the story said they were back and as big as ever. 307 and change making it the largest ever taken by a hunter. so it should be #3 all time now and the new world record non typ taken in the field.