Sequoia Plant Skipjacks?

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by stumpjumper, Dec 5, 2007.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I know there have been several posts recently regarding warm water discharge skips. However, I have not seen anything on Sequoia area on Chickamauga. I am afarid that I will run out skip before next spring. Can anyone offer advice around the Sequoia plant? I have not been successful in located them if they are there yet. Thanks!

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When they are out there they are thicker than I have ever seen them anywhere else. There will be hundreds of them in a big ball jumping in the air for a few mins and then they disapear for a few. But the only times I have seen them is at day break for a short period of time.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks Chris. Are they in the general area of the "waterfall" that comes in straight out from Skull Island? Or have you seen them further down river?

4. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    I've been at Sequoyah regularly, and right now there are few skipjack around. Later in the winter they will be more abundant. I would go below the dams for a better chance right now.

5. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Also, try the "boils" area at the discharge for them. There are usually a lot of shad in the warm discharge water.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Listen to Eric he's the man to talk to he lives out there, in fact I think he has his own parking spot at the ramp with his name on a sign in front of it, I actually think he sleeps in his suv on the ramp to avoid traffic, and ever having to leave the lake. LOL