September River Flathead Catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Aug 9, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone else waiting for September to start fishing hard for flatheads? I always seem to do better in spring and fall than during the hot months. Hopefully, in a few more weeks things will get better for me on the water. I am trying to plan my trips for the fall, and look to hit the Ohio atleast two more times this fall.. goodluck guys and gals.:big_smile:..rollo

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    September is fine with me Rollo. I love the month of August however. Usually have my best fishing at the lake here. Now come sept. then it's river fishing all the way for me too. Fish on an good luck!

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Good luck with your September flatties rollo...some of the guys in our club have no problem catching them consistently and im talkin gooduns, maybe one of these days i can be weighing flats like that every time out... but anyway good luck on your quest

4. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    well last month was a crappy one for me and this month has only produce some hopefully something changes soon

5. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    well look something i have noticed is, when its spring we are waiting for summer, when its summer we are waiting for fall , just go fish if you keep waiting you wont ever catch nothing :big_smile::wink:.....RAT

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    been fishing:wink: I fish all year Rat for sumptin .:wink: if you remember, spring is when I was puttin the pic.s on the board. Should be again here soon.:wink: rollo

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i definately love September, usually August fishes well but its off to a bad start. I dont think we have had a true summer, i already have trees turning fall colors in the backyard:crazy:. But im with you rollo i fish year around so its not the end of the world, steel head will be moving soon :wink:

8. ambassadeur

ambassadeur New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have best luck for everything in the fall. Except largemouth; I catch most of those in the spring, they're so predictable.

9. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    IF U THINK THE TREES TURING ALREADY IS A SIGN? THEN WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT FINDING TURTLES ALL READY HIDING DEEP UNDER GROUND ??:crazy:

10. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    WELL SOME OF US ARE JUST WAITING TO HAVE A DAY THAT WE FEEL GOOD ENOUGH TO GET TO GO FISHING. YOUR TURN WILL COME FASTER THEN U THINK,OLD ,TIRED,SICK, BONES HURT,DOCTOR VIST ALL THE TIME,ECT,ECT,. AND THEY CALL THIS THE GOLDEN YEARS.:angry:

11. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last time I was on the river I stopped at a "flathead hole" for a few on the way out for an hour and a half. The last 5 times or so I tried this spot I didn't get a bite. I caught a 2lb, 5lb, 10lb flat and had something huge break my leader. So I am thinking about starting to target them again they seem to be turning back on.

12. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    September can't come soon enough for me. We will be on the river every day from the 14th thru 25th. tic, toc, tic, toc...W

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anything has to be better than this summer has been, either I suck bad, or the fishing sucks bad, either way something sucks!:big_smile:

I have wasted alot of good bait for nuthing, I should have cpr my bait!

14. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Jason, I am pretty excited about the cool weather. Water temps here in Georgia are over 90 degrees in places. Fish are very hard to catch and I wait (not so patiently) for those cool fall nights

15. fatboy2006

fatboy2006 New Member

State:
    nc
    Around here in nc we also like the spring and fall for flatheads. Even in to the winter cat fishing is good.