September night fishing trip...

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by canepole, Jun 23, 2007.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    :0a34:Boy's, We talked about doing this awhile back, and now its time to get the plans ironed out . I think september would be a good month to try and get a big old Flathead or Blue, and I was thinking about us launching at riverside dr in Clarksville Tn. or at the Steam plant in Cumberland City Tn:big_smile_2:
    If you want to join us please leave a post and we'll put your name on the list..:006:

:0a25:Everybody is welcome to join us, This isn't just for us Tennessean's:0a25:

2. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    1.Tom Lumpkins,,and a fishing partner,

My vote is for mid or late sept, when the bigun's try and start fatting up for winter.. :big_smile:

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Count me in, I will make it happen as long as it isn't on the 26 thru 29th.

4. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    I'll make plans to be there as long as it doesn't conflict with "Fall '07 Pickwick Punkin's Way" also being held in late sept.

Steve

5. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Boy's we are going to have us some fun in September and if you want to join us please leave your name on here and we'll get you on the list, We have done this several times before and there we be some biguns caught,
    I am voting on mid or late sept, and launching at riverside drive or the steam plt in Cumberland city, When you post please let us know when and your choice for locations to launch from. We'll let the membership who sign up decide the date and location,,,,,

6. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Thanks for mentioning Pickwick, We definitely don't want to have it the weekend of pickwick

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tom, you can count me in. I vote for mid September. Saturday the 15th would be good for me. I'll hopefully have my own boat by then.

8. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Well tell us about the new boat, And congrats. I'm looking forward to seeing it...

9. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Just wanted to let everybody know, This isn't a Gathering, its just a nite of fishing, Normaly we will all meet at the boat ramp and shoot the bull then head out for fishing, During the night some will leave and some will stay out till morning.

10. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    IT sounds like this is going to be a blast, I have seen a lot of nice fish come outa that area, and in september there should be some biguns lurking around looking for a skip jack.

11. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Count me in if you can have it on sept 8th or the 22nd those too weekends of that month is the only time I'm off work.. i had a blast last year at Lock B when we all got together.. and my vote is for riverside boat ramp..
    from there people can fish the smith branch area or lock B area oops i just remembered that Sept 8th I'll be in the bass pro tourney here on riverside.. "Big Cat Quest" tom you might be better for sept 22nd if its on the 22nd count me in

12. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't guess I know where the riverside boat ramp is. Is that towards dover from the steam plant or is that back towards cheatam?

13. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, I am interested in coming up from Memphis. Hopefully we can get the dates decided as soon as possible to arrange the trip and make plans. I came up last fall for the gathering with Stephens and had a nice trip!

14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I'm always up for a trip down to the Cumberland. The weekend of the 15th is already taken for me but any other time and I will be there work etc. permitting...W

15. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Tom
    i'm going to try to make this one.I missed out on the Feburary one.I was snowed in and didn get my drive plowed for a whole week.

Hopefully i'll be in on this one in sept.:wink:

16. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like we are going to get quite a few boats out there at this rate. We should see a lot of good fish then.

17. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I'll make an effort to be there. Someone needs to start keeping track of the dates and who can make and who can't. Keep in mind that the Riverside ramp (which is downtown Clarksville) only has about 10 good trailer parking spots. Very few anyway. Trice might be a better choice if you're gonna try to have it downtown. I like lock B cause it takes me 30 minutes from there to the dam. Or about the same to Clarksville. My pontoon does about 20 MPH or so. But I'll try to make it wherever it is.

18. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Thanks for responding. We are in for a good time. I just got in about a hour ago, And will be on vacation for a week. I'll get the list together and will start a thread where we can vote on location and another thread to vote on date. I hope everybody will be able to make it .I am thinking of Trice landing or the fair grounds. ( forgot about the small parking lot at riverside)I think we can probably have the Clarksville police department watch over our vehicle's and if that don't work. I'm good friends with Sheriff Lewis, and I am sure he could get one of the county boy's to keep a eye ball on things, Shoot he may want to join us. I may try and round up something for the catter who catches the bigun. :0a14:

19. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    1.CumberlandCat
    2.TNVOLCAT
    3.Michael
    4.catfishbills
    5.metalman
    6.catfishbill33
    7.Whistler
    8Canepole
    If you want to join us , Please leave a post in this Thread and we'll add your name to the list..

20. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Boy's I am getting some changes made on this trip, I am going to try and include the last weekend in august and take out the third week in September, The Pickwick Gathering will be that weekend...I hope this change will work for everybody,,We are trying to iron everything out,,,Also the name of the polls and Thread will be changed,...to "Summer nite fishing trip",,