September Meeting / Back to Basics

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Aug 12, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Last month I realized that many of us take our knowledge for granted and don't realize how many little pieces we have accumulated. It is often times easy for us to forget that not everyone knows what we know, and sharing this information is what the Carolina Catfish Cub is all about.

September’s meeting will be "Catfishing Basics". We are going to take it all the way down to the ground level and share with our members some the basics of fishing for catfish. Techniques such as drift fishing and anchoring will be covered and we will show members how to make the drift rigs and drift sinker used in these methods.

I think it will be a great meeting for the new members and folks with less experience fishing for catfish, and the experienced anglers would be wise to attend and pick up some secrets they may have not heard of.

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I will be there to share too!!:wink:

3. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Glad to hear that Rodger. The amount of knowledge you have from the many area lakes is amazing! Folks will gain a lot from your experience! :wink:

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    if roger will be thear i might not make the prez have that vote we talked about.i will let a few secrets out about what i learnd at the classic.:crazy::roll_eyes:

5. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I think this is going to be a great meeting for those not as experenced as well as those who are. I've been with the CCC for about 3 years now and fairly new to lake fishing for cats. I learned lots of things over the years. Now would be a good time to hear it all over and ask the questions that I have after trying some of the techinques. If everyone would just take the time to share the info that they have learned and what doesn't work durning certain times of the year, this would be an alsome meeting.

Last week I was fishing with Karl Emerson and we were using circle hooks. I never had any luck with them. I now know how to use them in a drift type situation. Plus I learned a few more tricks that I can't wait to try on my own.

Point is that I have never ran my trolling motor at a set speed and very time I got a bite, I would loose the fish. In my thoughts, the steady movement of a trolling motor helps with the hook up. That one little detail could of been the one clue for me to try circle hooks again versus not trying them ever again.

So lets get out and share all the info we have no matter how minor it seems to us.

6. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    My hope is that Roundhill / Ron Howard will be able to give us some pointers that evening. He will be back fresh from the Cabelas King Kat Classic, and hopefully a little heavier in his wallet! :wink: