Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
channel catfish on flyrod sept 22 2019.JPG
WHOA!!!!!1 what an event!!!
massive storms the last 48 hours or so-3-4 inches of rain, so the creeks were shot. thought I'd do some fly fishing so took the rod with a small white jig and went to the lake.....well, I saw the whole shoreline boiling with fish, which turned out to be channel catfish pinning shad along the shoreline!.. No joke it looked like Wels catfish hunting pigeons (that's real -its on you tube) or orcas after sea lions along shore!- literally dozens and dozens of fish....well, I just had to try and BOOM!!! hooked an lost one cat, then landed these two after a long fight on 2lb tippet- thrilling!!!!....it was just as much fun watching them hunt the shad-they literally bolted into shore to catch them!....hope the video comes through!!!!! ...(ugghhhhhh it doesn't -too large a file!-if someone can help I'll load it for you all-its impressive!!)...KC...Good skill all!!!!! PS- the logo is from a competition I am in - a bingo competition :)
channel catfish on fly rod spetmber 22 2019.JPG

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
that must have been some awesome fights those are some nice ones!!

Reactions: ramon06

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
990 Posts
Nice Kirk,
Ive caught a couple of bass in the 2 lb. range while bream fishing with the fly. Its a fight for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts