September 28, 29 and 30th

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by AwShucks, Sep 27, 2007.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Thats right... tomorrow starts the Oklahoma State Wildlife Exposition at the Lazy E arena. I would recommend everyone within the state try to make a part of this activity. It is just so darn interesting...

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just trying to keep the thread visible. LOL

3. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    If you are heading that way, don't pass up the Steak and Catfish place at Waterloo and I-35. It is a great little hole-in-the-wall place. All you can eat catfish. The burgers are huge, chicken fried steak, buffalo....oh man I'm startin' to drool! :big_smile:

I hope to run down the road to the Expo. Sounds pretty cool!

4. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Larwence, Jan and I spent the day there. I will post some pics here later. Great place to get kids started in the outdoors. Man they were fishin', shootin', canoein', ect..

If you want to spend a good Sat. Or Sun with the family, this is worth the drive from anywhere in the state.

5. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Jan & I spent Friday at the wildlife expo. This first pic is the sign at the fishing clinic. They had rod and reels for the kids and the pond was lined with kids of all ages learning how to cast, pitch a bait, and fly fish.

The second pic is of a group of game rangers with a b-day cake for a fellow ranger who turned the big 50. the whole clinic sang happy b-day to him. They were telling the kids (& adults), that in the outdoors your game ranger is your best friend, they really pushed the point home.

The 3rd pic is the kids inside the arena paddleing the kayak. (didn't come out so good), but they were having a ball. They had adults wadeing in the pool just in case.

Kids, Parents, Grandparents, take the kids and you will not regret it.

Attached Files: