September 15 - Missouri bow season

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Todd Strong, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    76 days and counting for mo bow season, getting the itch real bad.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    What part of the state are you from Todd? Plan to get some bow hunting in this year also. Havent shot much lately, use to do IBO 3-d shoot's almost every week end. Weve got several wild hogs anound the lake here, may set up a couple bow stands in that area this year and try for a double header. I rifle hunt up north on the in laws farm as it's all corn fed up there.

3. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    That is one of my favorite things to do in the fall, sit in a tree (or in a blind), brush away mosquitos and wait for a deer or turkey to come walkin by. Great times and a great challenge.

Good Luck this year guys!! I know i will need it.

4. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    I won't start hunting till late October. I want a few frosts before I go out. I have managed to take 2 deer a year for the past few years. I enjoy bowhunting so much I don't even bother to gun hunt anymore.

Good luck guys.

5. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Troy I live in Saint Joseph, Most of my hunting is from DeKalb to Platte City on private ground. I've seen a lot of nice deer in the sept hunts, but i could suggest anyone to buy a good bug suite, I use a shannons bug tamer and I wish I had bought one years ago. when bow season opens fishing comes to an holt, i eat,sleep and breathe bow season, to get close enough to take a good mature buck with a good clean shot, that makes a true hunter. Anybody can get lucky enough to take a nice boon and crokett with an rifle from 50 to 600 yds. I say nice deer now try it with a bow.Thought about next year going back to the old stick bow, finger release and no sights. Good luck to ya all and good to hear your coming back to bow shooting Troy.

6. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Just wanted to show this little guy I rescued from the river a week ago. He was on a small island curled up in a little ball, I took him up river about 300 yards to Wortwine Island. I caome back about 2 hours later and there were fresh doe tracks and his going up the hill, so hopefully his okay.

Attached Files:

7. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Thanks for the pics todd good to see fellow hunters doing what they can to take care of the deer. Never know it could turn out to be a big buck you can put on your wall in about 4 to 5 years. Good luck everyone from Shawn here in ks