Sept. RAIN!!!!

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by djwjtruckin, Sep 14, 2009.

1. djwjtruckin

djwjtruckin New Member

State:
    W. Tawakoni, TX
    :big_smile: WOW Rain the lake :big_smile: The water level is on its way back up!! I know the water was only 2.5 feet down but the more the better!:wink: I cannot wait to get out there. My wife wants me out of the house! (to much fishing talk):roll_eyes:

2. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I was wanting to try Tawakani this weekend to do some drift fishing. But the rain had me hold up inside. I think I am coming down with cabin fever. But I now the rain is needed so I won't complain too loud. I haven't fished Twak before. Where is a good place to put in drift for blues? North of the bridge, South of the bridge, East, West? Don't give away any secret spots just point me in a good general direction.

3. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    I had planned on fishing Tawakoni this weekend too. I know we really need the rain, but seems like weather only turns bad when I want to do something.:roll_eyes:

4. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    We needed this rain bad as the city of Dallas was pulling hard on Tawak. The other great thing about it is once it is done the big blue bite should turn on pretty good until the water quits running. The lake sure looked a lot lower than 2 1/2 feet before all this rain started. I know it has dropped at least 9" since 2 weeks ago. I was fishing by the Dallas intake 2 weekends ago and you could hear that thing runnning from 200 yards out with the big motor running. I heard this morning at coffee that the rain could last up until Thursday, should make for a great weekend of blue cattin.

5. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    yeah we needed the rain bad just glad its here while i cant use the boat hopefully i will have the motor fixed asap

6. djwjtruckin

djwjtruckin New Member

State:
    W. Tawakoni, TX
    :embarassed: I went out to launch my 10 foot Jon boat where I normally launch and :embarassed::embarassed: got stuck not once but twice on the same day in the same place! I did do some fishing and I did catch 2 channels but... to small had to release them. Time to go home... and ... got stuck again:angry: I made it home and now on the net and hope that if I tell you all about this wacky weekend maybe my luck will change:wink: But yes we need the rain and love it all! I did order some new tires too.