Sept. on the Illinois River

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Graywolf, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    September was a great time for me on the Illinois River at the Ottawa pool. I caught my PB flathead (14 pounds). a day or two before my partner and I went he caught a 35 pound flathead. :smile2: :smile2:
    The smaller channel was all black and spotted. I have never seen one like it. It's head wasn't large like when they are in spawn.
    Oh, yeah. We CPR...

A couple of weeks later my 9 year old grandson went with us. He is in the next post.

Attached Files:

2. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    My Grandson, Jake went with us in Sept. I had him up at 4:00 am. and we were on the river in Ottawa by 6:30 am. We went up the Fox using cut shad and circle hooks. The first fish he caught was a 9 pound flathead. It was the first real fish he ever caught (of any size). My fishing partner and I could hardly keep him in the boat. That day he pulled in over 40 pounds of flatheads and channels. We got home around 2:00 pm. and he went right to bead. Jakes loves fishing and is becoming my fishing partner. All I need now is a boat...

Attached Files:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary thanks for sharing the Pics of your Sept. fishing trip. Great job and nice fish. I loved the smile on the boys face. I think you got him hooked. Looking forward to future pics.:big_smile:

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes Sir GARY very nice pics, Looks like a great time by all, Must admit, having a little one my self, I just love the last three, they say it all!!! Yes I would say you are going to be hard pressed to keep him out of the BOAT from now on! Great Job!
    Randy

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the pics. Looks like you guys had a great time.