Sept. hog hunt

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by renji2476, Aug 13, 2008.

1. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Well guys the hunt that I had planned fell through (hence why I stopped writing), but I have been so adamant about hunting hogs with my bow that I was able to secure me a place for a week in Sept. I will be hunting on a ranch that will run me around $180 for the week end. So guess who is going on a Sept. hunt? YEAH BABY!!!:wink::tounge_out::wink::eek:oooh: I am just so pumped about this!! I have everyone at work telling me that I sound like a 6 yr old getting ready for his birthday or Christmas!!!:smile2: If ya can't tell I can hardly wait!! I will definitely be posting some pics!! Just thought that I would let you all know where I was with this and how things are going.

Jess:cool2:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Good deal, bring back some pics. :wink:

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    glad to hear you got something lined up. i probably won't be seeing any hogs till gun season opens. where i bowhunt they are few and far between, but where we hunt with rifles they are pretty common. only problem i have been having is they are really big and gnarly, where we have been looking foor some eater sized hogs. i hope i come across a herd of 60-80 pounders when i have my sks- i have absolutely no pork in the freezer right now!

4. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Happy you found a spot. Where you heading? I was at the Circle T Bowhunting Ranch near Commerce, Tx 2 days ago. Have an article on the hunt here on the BOC very soon, probably later today. Good Bowhunting to you! What type broadheads do you shoot? Luke Clayton

5. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I am actually heading to a place not far from home. I am heading to Mexia, TX a place called the 4 Pines Ranch. I got hooked up with them through that website that I told you about. As for what type of broadhead I shoot I shoot the Magnus Stinger 4 blade and I just bought some Crimson Talons that I want to try out. I also found a place about 2 miles from where I live that I can go hunt. The property of my neighbors son he said that he sees them (hogs) every morning:eek:oooh: when he is going to work and said I can hunt as much as I want:eek:oooh::crazy::wink:.... Talk about a blessing!!!!

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Man, I want to hunt a hog so badly! I have never been but always wanted to! Sounds like you're in for some fun. Best of luck to ya!

7. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Good luck to you. I know we have slaughtering them on our place. Matter of fact I just set out a new trap this weekend. We'll see how that one goes.