SEO Ice For Ice-Fishing!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 5, 2010.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone wondering about the ice on ponds around the area, I went out and drilled a couple tests on some local ponds today. Ice was measuring around 4 and 1/2 inches. Good ice, with a couple inches of dry snow on top. Hopefully the snow thats predicted for Thursday, won't hurt it any. Getting the gear together, and hopefully will be out soon. Just an FYI.. Goodluck.....rollo

2. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck out there! The only way I am ice fishing is if I am sitting on the ice in a flat bottom jon boat, that way if the ice goes I'm in a boat :)

3. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    im going ice fishing either saturday or sunday, not sure yet. my buddy checked a few ponds yesterday and said they were around 3"-4"

4. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    After i get back from indiana well have to get together and go.there fishing buckeye lake around fairfield beach and indian lake aroung long island and cranberry.

5. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    cant wait to get out and ice fish but it will have to wait till after ohio's M.L season lol

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I checked my pond this afternoon just West of Dayton, had right at 4" of good clear ice with a light dusting on top of dry snow.
    Me and Dinkbuster are gonna be trying for some of my cats this weekend if all goes well. I agree that if we get snow, it at least will be dry and not a wet snow but we could do without the snow. I plan on shoveling a bunch of snow off my pond this year after the mild fishkill I had last year with heavy snow cover on the pond and no open area for sunlight/photosenthysis to help oxygenate the waters.

Salmonid