sent Denny's a request for a restaurant at Warsaw

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As most already know, I e-mailed Waffle House and asked if they could look into adding a restaurant in Warsaw since there are no 24 hour restaurants there. Well, I got bored and just sent Denny's an e-mail requesting the same. Can't imagine either of them not being interested with the way Warsaw is growing, not to mention that it sits on 2 major highways, tons of fishermen and hunters, plus the locals. Not sure if it will make a difference or not but maybe if everyone else also sends them a request it will help convince them that we need a late night restaurant! Here's the links: http://www.dennys.com/en/cms/Contact+Us/42.html, http://www.wafflehouse.com/contactus.asp

Sucks to fill out the info but figure it would be a good thing for those of us that fish late and want to get a bite to eat. Chris

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I filled it out. :big_smile:

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Warsaw is doing good just to have a stop light (and there's only one, BTW)... If there was any money in it, they'd already have all those big-city restauarants.

There used to be (20 years ago) a 24-hour restaurant downtown where the Daylight Donuts was. They served a mean mexican omlette at 3am, those jalapenos and hot salsa went down great after a 12-pack... :eek:oooh:

Warsaw has been on the verge of turning into a huge tourist destination ever since they started Kaysinger Dam project (it didn't become Truman Dam until several years after it was started) - everyone knew that once the dam was finished, it was just a matter of time before Warsaw became the next Branson. That was 30 years ago. And in that time, nothing much has changed - except for that one stop light...

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I thought the Greenwood diner was open 24/7 ????????

5. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I live just up-river from Zalma Mo. We have a tire repair shop, a very small store which also sells bait, and a post office, all of which are only open during the daytime and not neccessarily any day at the whim of the owners, and I kinda like the peace and quiet.

HOWEREVER

I would appreciate a 24 hr. soda machine.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Oh were Big City now Marty. We have a Wal-Mart. :eek:oooh:
    Open 24/7 and they sell vienna sausage......

It would be nice to have a 24/7 diner but I can go to the house if Im hungry. :smile2: Im glad were not part of that Big City stuff.....

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    It's worse than that -- what you have is a Wal-Mart Super Center. And as a result, you now *don't* have a G&W Foods, Courtneys Five & Dime, Coast-To-Coast, OTASCO and probably a dozen other small stores that were someone's livelihood and family legacy. (Ok, maybe Coast to Coast and OTASCO are stretching it a bit - those stores were gone long before the Super Center came in, but not until *after* Wal-Mart originally showed up in Warsaw around 1980 or so....)

Wal-Mart is the devil. There's no two ways about it.

But a Waffle House would be nice.

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Ya got that right, Wal-mart is the anti-Christ for small business:angry:

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats the break i been lookin for. I can/will make a fine door greeter. Folks will have to get there own cart and get closer to the water, to hear me yell WELCOME to WALMART!:crazy:

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Is the Mcdonalds there not a 24/7 shop? I can't remember. Or a 24/7 Sonic would be nice too. Nothing like downing a foot long coney dog at 3am. :smile2:

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Now somebody here is speaking my language :smile2:

12. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Oh Oh.....and can't forget the Strawberry Limeade to help wash it down. :eek:oooh:

13. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    You guys kill me - if you were REALLY hard core you'd be out all night fishing and could get breakfast at 8AM anywhere you wanted to on the way home:smile2:

Although after thinking about the few Waffle Houses I've eaten at over the years I'd about rather eat raw shad:eek:oooh:

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Day light donuts usally opens around 4 in the morning I think. They have biscuits and gravy also. I think they need to carry foot long coney dogs too.
    Time to make the donuts....:smile2:

15. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Wishing your local comunity would take off and GROW is perfectly natural and "The American Way". Been there - done that!

After a few years of huge economical growth - you will suddenly begin to remember why you and your family settled there to begin with.

I once saw a sign behind the cash register in Bull Shoals Ark.

"If it's tourist season, how come we can't shoot them"