Senior discount

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Dec 29, 2008.

how do you react to senior discount even though you are not old enough

1. accept it

2. accept it and laugh it off

3. correct the salesperson

4. feel insulted

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    How do you feel if the Senior discount is offered and you are not that old and what would you do

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i am now less than a year from being old enough. i guess i have to much grey hair as i get it more often than i thought i would.

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont want to talk about it!!! :eek:oooh: LMAO!

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I ain't but 55 I kinda feel like they should not offer unless asked about it

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dang skippie i'll take it. I refuse to get old, if only my body felt that way.:wink:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I remember back when I was in my early teens,my dad and uncle talking about being over 45 and being able to join the local SR citizens group. Man today you can go ,but not join till 55 ,Course that could be a GOOD thing:cool2: Our local Seniors center has great meals at noon every weekday ,much cheaper than the resturants,and better tasting too.

7. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Just give it time , the age thing will take care of its self lol

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I like the seniors discount if I'm eating out like we rarely do. I don't eat as much as I used too, and if the menu has a senior portion, it's just bout right. I don't like leaving food on my plate.
    And also at the barber shop....I only have two hairs left. Shouldn't cost as much. I'm quick and easy for the barber.
    Most secular places round here are 55 and older.

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    It's all good ! I would like to see reduced prices to those that hunt and fish that are econmically challenged . It cost around 50.00 in state to kill 2 deer ,plus gas etc.... nobody rides for free . Hope no one gets there panties in a wad . I just think they could find a different solution so more people could harvest fish and game LEGALLY and not straight out poach because of money issues . I know someone would try and suck the system dry . Just my ramblings peace !

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    with all the aches and pains that come with getting old its nice to have at least one perk.

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm just a young 57 years old, but sometimes they just give me one. I accept it lol.

I seen a ball cap that had "Where's My Senior Discount" on it. If they did not want 20 dollars for that cap, I would have one.

Hey a little gray hair and that hat would pay for itself, without having to feel bad. Hey if they --- Give It______ Take It. Kinda like being 18 with a lot of loose women around. LOL

Today with a bunch of loose women, I don't know what I would do. LOL

12. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    anyone that is too young, yet looks old enough, probably has earned the right.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree withJohnnie. I like the perks. If you don't want it I will take it.

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

was how I would have voted if the poll wasn't closed.

This has happened to me twice, both times at Golden Corral. Now, I'm not always there with bells on (perfect hair and makeup), but gees!

Some of you have met me, do I look like a senior? :confused2:

Both times I was in the company of my bf, who is nine years older than I, and does have S&P (okay, mostly silver now :smile2:) hair.

Maybe the young'uns workin' there can't imagine being a part of a couple with that much difference in age, and thus think I'm older. Be nicer if they thought I was his daughter. :wink:

The first time neither of us noticed until we looked at the receipt later on. We weren't asked, the cashier just rang it up that way.

Second time we WERE asked, and I said no, probably a bit indignantly :angry:.

I think the "senior" ages are different depending on where you are; at Golden Corral it's 55 I believe.