Seneca Creek/Lake Hartwell

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadsalyer1, Jan 2, 2009.

1. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thinking about heading up to seneca creek saturday, any info on ramps that are close or will I have to run 100 miles? LOL I did pretty good up there first of last year and hoping to bring in the new year with the same kind of luck. I am glad to see a lot of you guys are catching fish already this year. Thanks for all the good info last year, and I am looking forward to meeting all you guys this year and maybe catching some good cats with ya!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

2. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I believe martins creek will be your best bet but you may need a 4 wheel drive to get the boat out unless the water is up on the concrete by now. also it may be very crowded as it is the one on that end of the lake that everyone is using right now. think 18 mile creek is usable but its a longer ride.

3. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Seneca Creek is literally a Creek right now. There's not any navigable water past Seneca creek bridge right now.

4. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    I drove over to take a look at Greenpond and the water is back up on the ramp. With the gravel they put at the end of it it should be in good shape. I am going to attempt it in the morning with the pontoon. I'll let you know how it goes. I have been away from the lake for so long I have no idea where to start.:confused2:

5. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Good luck to u both, im going to try to make it out there soon

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Just reading yall's posts and brought back some memories, wish I had knew more about catfishin when I was a kid. I used to live in between Central and Clemson...close to where there used to be a shopping center that was Ingles and SkyCity. I used to play basketball on Central's town team, we went to the state championship in Columbia and lost..lol:confused2:
    Used to have my parents drop me off all day on different parts of lake Hartwell, I'd fish all day, not catch much and they would pick me up again before dark.... Maybe someday I'll drive over there and fish some and check the old stomping grounds out....take care...:big_smile:

7. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    I grew up in Central also the Ingels is still there but no skycity. U should come back and check it out some time and do a little fishing. Central has changed alot.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    The only place I've been on the lake was today, at 18 mile creek and it's really good. Greenpond has been in good shape and 2 weeks ago the ramp at Martian creek had a real bad hole at the end of it, the right side. It may be fixed but its prolly under water so just keep it in mind.

9. flatheadsalyer1

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thanks for all the info Guys. Gonna be headin out shortly. I have about decided to just fish from the banks today OLD SCHOOL!!! I will surely give a report for you either way. Good Luck All !!!!!

10. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Greenpond is in great shape! I think alot of people know cause I had to park at the entrace to the parking lot.

Only got 2 small channels before my son was ready to go. Felt good to back on Hartwell.

11. flatheadsalyer1

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Well guys, Seneca creek definantly is a creek. Saw the condition decided to go to twelve mile. Fished for about 4 hours from the banks using cut bream and stink bait, managed to catch 19 channells all 1 to 2 lbs. Stuck a big un' but he knew where the stumps were. Nice 5 minute fight though. It was a good day. Catching anything is better than staying at home!:smile2: Hope everyone else had an awesome day on the water, and thanks again for the info!!