Send Water

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Leakyboat, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

If we don't get some rain,i don't know whats going to happen.We are having grass fires everywhere,they announced that the farmers in our area can sign up for drought relief,we really haven't had any measurable rain since June.We are in bad shape,the farmers especially.This is a lake that is usually about 25 acres,may have about 10-15 acres of water.All of the red weeds and willows you see usually have water.This is where the feeder creek comes in the lake. This is not a really good picture of the lake,my camera went dead after i took this picture.

Attached Files:

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We All need some rain bad I am so afraid the new years fire works do not get out of hand. Ihey just posted a burn band for us yesterday! :mad:

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Leakyboat,

Don't look toward Oklahoma, we are dry and parched too. We need some rain REALLY bad!!!!

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    We went thru some of that this spring and last fall. We got lucky here late in this fall we got some good rain. The rivers aren't up much as they should but better the they were.
    If we don't get some more this spring when they do the draw down for the bige lakes it is gonna hurt the spawn in this area.
    But we are lucky compared to ark. ok, and texas. :sad:

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hear ya Leakyboat. We are 20" below rain fall this year and with that new pipe line they added bout 3 years ago, our lake is lower than I have ever seen it. That new pipe line has damage our lake and now another town is buying up even more water rights and they have to take it, what they dont use it goes down stream to the river instead of back to lake. .
    I'm pissed. It's a 19K acre lake. It the lack of rain doesn't finish off the lake our locals will.

Normal level is up to the bank and tree lines for summer time in those pics I put up. Pics aint nothing like being there. This time of year water should be in the trees. And that cliff, water is usually bout half way up it. These pis was taken Nov. 4, 05 . Its even lower now. I couldn't launch my boat if I wanted to.

Every county in my area has a burn ban going except one. They want fireworks and if they aint careful, I'm sure they will get more than they can handle. Firemen will be busy New Years eve.
    I sure hope we get some rain this coming up year.

6. Thomas P. Conley

Thomas P. Conley New Member

State:
    Copperas Cove,TX.
    Man here in Central Texas it's so dry that the fish in restaurants are all ordering water. The no burn ban has been on for about 4 months now and no rain in sight. Lakes are down by at least 15 feet but with this warm weather the fishing is great with low water or not. Might be the fish are committing suicide and hooking themselves on purpose.

7. Thomas P. Conley

Thomas P. Conley New Member

State:
    Copperas Cove,TX.
    Dano this would be a good time to place some structure on the shore for when the water comes back you have some good spots to drop a line or two.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Merely a suggestion or two with tongue in cheek:

1. Purchase a rain stick. Native American stores have them. (works for me)

2. Somewhere I heard an old saying when we don't get rain, some one will say "Must not have paid the preacher", I guess that means say a prayer and let the Man above provide.

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    sure wish i could send some of our rain down that way were are at 243% of our normal rainfall for this time of year

10. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Yep we got plenty water now! I heard that there are places near sacremento that is 6 feet above flood stage! Also, we have a levey that is showing signs of failing in the delta as we speak, and we are expecting another 6 inches over the weekend! I am sure there some folks let you have all the water you want! The funny thing is, up until last week, it was looking like another drought!

11. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    we just need a good, LONG, slow, soaking rain, last for 2 weeks

12. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    :Up here where I live is way behind on rain also. The pond that I fished a lot last year is about 7 foot low when I quit in late Nov. Haven't been out there since then, maybe have to check it out this weekend. I'm sure it's even lower now.

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Wish ya'll could have our rain. At least after Sat....lol Cancelled a sturgon trip and will fish locally tomorrow for cats and stripers :cry-big: Sacramento river is so high and so much debree coming down it. I guess thats how it goes :0a28: Need the rain to have the rivers and lake :0a20:

14. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    The news said yesterday that we have less than 20% of our normal rain fall. The foundation on my house is moving so badly that I have stopped our remodel, out of fear that we will just have to redo most of it.

15. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    read in the paper today that lake lavon is 10 feet below norm think lake lewisville is around 8 feet really getting bad hope some rain gets here before the spawn lookin forward to getting some big blues at the spillway

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sorry to hear that Bill. Big Pacific storm coming. hope you and James and the rest of Texas folks gets some rain out of this. I'm bout ready to head out the door to do some fishing. Storm to hit The Central Valley afternoon.

17. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Just talked to the renter at our farm in western Oklahoma. Of the 4 ponds on the property, only 1 has water left in it, and that is the one with the natural spring. He said it is down to barely more than a mud puddle.

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cheryl, rain stick. We need more than that. LOL. They do sell em all over around here but
    I aint got rain out of one yet. They just make noise when flipping from one end to the
    other. LMAO.

Thomas P, the fish here are singing, " take me to the river, drop in the water". LOL. In that first pic is a stump. I got a couple of tires over a spot around it. Its a lot bigger than pic shows plus I'm going to tie my Christmas tree around it next time I go. That is where I catch most of my fish. There is more structure in that area than you can see in pic's, more on the other side in cove. All that is usually under water. My lot is right up the hill. We swim there too. Been a few times at night when sitting on bank, catfish will come up biting at the bank. Its funny. I guess their looking for worms cause early in the morning in summer, worms are on the banks headed for the water. Dumb worms. Other times I might catch one every 40 hours LMAO. I thought about taking my tractor down there and blade out a deep hole in the sand but I'm not sure if its legal. I will ask before I do it. Maybe stack up a few rocks here and their

For past 2 years I'm a slow fisherman. Not much action due to other issuers. It doesn't matter if I catch or not, sun sets across the lake and it sure is nice just being there maybe sitting by a fire at night.

Well I just went out. We have cloudy skies today. Maybe this talk about rain and rain sticks is working after all LOL. .
    Be our luck we get 20" in an hour. Need a soaker, then 20" but I'll take it any way we can get it. :D

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope you get some rain soon..I am in Ohio and all the rivers are blown out here with to much rain.

20. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Hey Flat, just ship all the excess water to Lake Oolagah, Lake Skiatook, Lake Keystone, and Lake Eufalla in Oklahoma. We need our lakes to be full, not down 8 - 12 ft