Seminar for the advanced cat fisherperson

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Mac-b, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    What do you'll think about a spring seminar for those catters that have fished for a year or more? Or, for those just getting interested in fishing in catfish tournaments. I could set it up at BassPro in Concord or Gander Mtn. in Mooresville. Robert Tomasek (Tomahawk) has already agreed to assist me in this endeavor and I might add some more guest speakers. By your responce, I will know if there is enough interest to pursue this project. Thanks, Mac

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I would like to see it. I'm about an hour away so I didnt go to last one but decided I would try to go to next one. I don't fish Norman, never been on it but I'm sure tips would help in all lakes. I mostly fish High Rock, Philpott,Tillery once. New to area. so trying to broaden my lakes/luck.

3. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Mac, I would definitely be interested in attending any type of advanced catfishing seminar. As you know, I live east of Raleigh and I think it would be well worth the drive.

Omar, I am also interested in coming to the seminar you mentioned as well.

Would I need to sign up for either of these in advance?

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I will help you carry stuff in Mac.

I would bet you could get a good crowd out there.

5. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'll try to make it if you have an advanced seminar.

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Sounds like a great idea. I would be very interested in attending. Keep us informed of any dates that might be possible.

Thanks for taking the time to show us some of your knowledge

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Could you help spread the word on the BOC at this event?

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    That is no problem. In fact, one of our members (Mac) mentioned the BOC very favorably at our last meeting of Carolinas Catfish Club. I think quite a few CCC members regularly contribute to the forums.

9. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Paul we promote this website more than you will ever know at CCC meetings and in talking with folks at the seminars. The topic always comes up in conversations about "where do you find stuff out", and we always direct them to the BOC. The seminars are great, but they are once a month or so and the BOC can be accessed at anytime by anyone with a computer.

10. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I live 1hr45min from the BPS in Concord would love to come. Is is open to the public or some type of fee or something, nevertheless i would love to attend while shopping for a boat at the same time. Please Pm me fellas Im very interested.

Wheelmobile07

11. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thank You Sir!

We need to finish our talk(s) about CCC, prior to me leaving back to Iraq.

Paul

12. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Let us know when you are having it and I'll be there. I'd be glad to help in any way I can as well. And Omar, I plan on hitting yours too!

13. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    What time are we talking about?I live around 1.5hrs. from BPS & would like to see the seminar.

14. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Just PM me when you have time Paul. :smile2:

15. seacat

seacat New Member

State:
    NC
    what time will the Seminars be at Bass Pro Shops? Looking forward to it!

16. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I'd like to check either of those out if I can make it. Thanks for the info.

17. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    The seminar for the advanced catters will be held at Gander Mtn. Sports Store in Mooresville, NC, just off I-77 (exit 36) in April. If any of you have a preference for Saturday or Sunday afternoons, please PM me or post it on this board. Once I get a feel for which day I will pick the date. I will no longer be associated with BassPro, but will now be on the Pro Staff of Gander Mtn. in Mooresville. Most likely,
    we will arrange for those attending to receive 10% discount on any fishing products that you buy on the day of the seminar. The last seminar they gave the 10% discount, plus a $10 off card, not bad. Please let me know by March 8 so we can go on with this program. Thanks, Mac

18. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'll be there if I can!!!

19. CKT

CKT Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    So anyone can attend the seminar? If so Saturdays would work best for me ! Look forward to attending this seminar!

20. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Saturday would be best for us also because it's a 3 - 3 1/2 hour drive and my boys have school on Monday.

Thanks for the notice Mac !!