semi load of firewood

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Nov 12, 2009.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well last thursday i went outside around noon to put plugs in my old taurus. i heard chainsaws running so i went to the alley to investigate. saw a tree service at the post office taking down two old huge trees. a maple and an old oak. i shook my head and thought wonder if they would give me some wood. i figured they wouldnt as most big buisnesses wont.

so i started putting the plugs in the car. a few min later a fella in a wheelchair came down the alley. he had seen the wood pile and splitter in my alley. he came down and was complimenting my splitter i built. turned out to be the owner of the buisness.

after a brief conversation about the little town i live in and the splitter he said "today is your lucky day." i asked why. he said we have to much wood to haul. i said i thought about asking what you were gonna do with it. he said today you get it. i told them where to drop it. about 15 min later they showed up with a BIG supprize. one of the trucks below FULL. they gave me both trees. several thousand lbs of wood. some 3'+ in diam. i will post a pic of it. one log was 15' or so and to big to wrap arms around.:crazy:

then to top it all off they went to the neighbors and dropped another tree and left. as the stump grinder was at work i went to talk to a freind that was at the home. they said i could have that wood too. they didnt want to pay the tree service to haul it. so i got another 6 pickups full there. about 100' from my pile of wood.:crazy:

took 4 days of splitting but i got it all done.:cool2:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jeremy,thats a great deal,I know it'll help through the lean times this winter,

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy your in business. Enough for winter and maybe some left over to sell. Congrats.

4. Herogre

Herogre New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the good deal

5. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Score!! Hard to beat that!

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've often said that bad things happen to good people:embarassed: Sometimes good things happen to good folks too. Glad for ya brother

7. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :crazy:that ain't a home run :embarassed:that's a grand slam!:big_smile:

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Thats a good deal there, cut down and delivered. The splitting is tolerable with a deal like that.

9. Imagine how many beers it would take to campfire through that load!:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2::wink:

10. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Goodness gracious! That's a lot of wood, and good quality wood at that.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. i got 8 stacks 10' long and 6' high from it. heres the pics.

ya winter is set for like 7 years lmao. i already had a pile double and triple deep thats 80' long and 8' tall. + trees on the calander to cut yet lol. time to start the $50 a truckload deal.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Holy Woodpeckers Batman!!!, that's a bunch of good stuff. Congrats on the score... Your chesnuts will be roasting for a couple winters.....:smile2:

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    it was definatly the easiest load of wood so far. even though i had to cut some of it up. as you can see some logs dwarfed the wheelbarrow and even the truck lmao.

14. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Wow, i would love to have that happend, We had a tree cut down that was dead and it was horrible quality we had no idea it was so dead and rotted!!!so we have been on craigslist lookin for cheap/free fire wood..the stuff you dont want should be gone quick!!!$50 a truck load is cheap...around they charge $10 for a much as you can fit in a 5 gallon bucket or you arms....one guy wants $45 a wheel barrow load:crazy::crazy::crazy:...but yea...you made that log splitter!!!that thing look great!!

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya heres some pics.

16. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    Im in the dump truck business and I can tell ya first hand that they would have probally PAID you to dump it there!! I have hauled thoes tree chuncks before and all wedo is haul them to the nearest dump and PAY to dump the load! usually it is $85 to dump a tandon truck load of wood and up for a bigger truck. tree companys are saving a bunch of money if they can find someone close to give it to..
    $85 dump fee
    driver gets paid $15 hour, figur 2 hours round trip to the dump = $30
    fuel for the 5 mpg truck$50

Im willing to bet that the tree co saved $165 - $200 by giving it to you

arround missouri here there is a few tree co that advertise that they are looking for people th take truck loads of wood, of corse it is all green and lots of brush sometimes too..

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

ya i thought about seeing if they would top a tree for me with the boom in trade but it was late in the day. but i did ok too. ya thay knocked off $100 on the tree at my neighbors because he let them dump off all the mulch from the trees at his house. spread it around his yard. to bad it will rot and attract bugs. :smile2:

18. josh long

josh long New Member

State:
    Evansville, Illinois
    I wish someone would drop a tree around me somewhere! you came out pretty good on that deal!