Semi Drivers

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by nitronostrils, Sep 16, 2007.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Just wondering how many on the BOC drive for a living? Personally I drive food grade tanker.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I used to be a heavy hauler,Jeremy. Semi retired from the trucking business, I still drive a mixer now and then.

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I drive a Dump Truck for a living..Whatever pays the bills...

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    How bout flatbed lumber hauler local but checkin out the road again

5. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I retired the first time from Edmond Okla. public schools, I delivered all their USDA, and purchased foods. 2003 was my 18th and final year to drive. Even though I have a lot of drivin stories, I dont miss it one bit.

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Drove tractor trailer for 26 yrs. Started driving for Halliburton in Hays Kansas 1979 hauling acid tankers. My last job ended in 2004 when i got busted up by a falling loading dock, which permanently ended my driving career.

7. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Looking into schools right know trying to make a choice on who to drive for. Any thoughts

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I never drove one but my son in law received his award this past spring for racking up 2 million accident free miles. This is his rig, he hauls plastic pellets from where I retired to all over the USA and Canada.

9. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    i have borrowed gf's computer. i cannot access new website in cell ph on rd but I run 48 states! Dry Van.

10. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Who do you all drive for just found an outfit called Maverick it is a flatbed outfit seems a few guys ona trucking foroum like working there.

11. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I drive a truck around town, hauling steel.

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I have been thinking about your question and what I would recommend is to figure out what you what out of the job ie is hometime important do you want to haul long distance or stay close flatbed are good cause normally a forklift unloads and loads you but you have to tarp it they are about 70lbs per and some companys say tarp everything so you see to answer that you need to see what you want and expect then what you will settle for but yes I love to drive so I enjoy it