Selling my boat

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by SSG Johnson, Mar 27, 2006.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I want to sell my boat and I don't know what to ask for it. It is a ft Polar craft with a 75 hp Johnson on the back of it tiller steer. Trailer boat whole nine yards. I'm just not a boat guy so I really don't even know where to start. Your help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

2. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    take the price you paid and divide it in anywhere for 10 to 25% depending on the condition how long is it

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    It depends on the area you are trying to sell in and right now is the best time to sell a boat.

4. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    HEY I see you took that jump!! Congratulations. What year is the boat/motor? What condition is it in? Good luck!

5. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Its 18ft long and I know the moter is a 85 model. Its in all right condition its not brand new and it also has ice breakers on the bottem of it. Its a Duck hunting boat really.

6. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    not giving up fishing are you chuck?

7. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    No im not I just have to sell it because of reasons that it makes me really mad to look at it. I traded my truck for the boat plus 3000.00 and havent seen a penny of the 3000.00 now everytime I look at that damm boat I get very angry so I just dont want it anymore.

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Can't say that I blame you Chuck! Would you like me to collect it for you:rolleyes: !!!

9. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Naw thats ok thanks for the offer. It really just burns me thats all offered to let him off the hook If he would give me 2000.00 now and still havent seen a penny.

10. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    do you have any kind of a contract with this person? if so go to court and get your property or money. have no use for someone that does stuff like that to others.

11. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I've got a feeling you were dealing with a family member, I could be wrong.

Try getting your truck back and sell it.

The boat sounds like it could bring near 4000.00, or at the minimum, 2000.00 for a quick sale.

Your a generous man Chuck. The next time you feel that generous, seek professional help.

That statement was not meant to be sarcastic.

12. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I know where you are coming from on this Paul. I got the same impression to.
    I sold a boat and truck to a family member and have only received about a third of the money so I wrote it off as experience. I will not undertake that again.

13. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Look in local papers that sell boats and find some close to your boats description to gauge a price to ask. Spring time is always the best time to sell a boat, but at the end of the summer you can barley give em away.