selling fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by slimdaddy, Jul 2, 2009.

1. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i went and got some bluegills at lake logan this evening some guy walked up on me and ask me what all kind of fish was in logan he said he just moved from lucasville i told him there was supposed to be some good cats in there and he went to telling me that his nephew fishes the sciota and all the big cats he catches he goes and sells them to the paylake had a notion to throw him over the wall that just aint right to sell big fish paylakes should be outlawed for raping public water to stock there dam lake

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It goes on all the time...It is not leagal in Ohio....But the state does not care.

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You should've asked him which paylake but you're probably like me. I get mad and all train of thought goes right out the window!!

4. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Couldnt agree more.

5. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    It is illegal to sell live fish in Kansas too!

6. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    If we can find out which paylakes and tell the ODNR they are buying Bass and Walleye maybe that will get them to atleast dig into it deeper to find out they are buying Catfish, OOPs so we made a mistake and thought it was Walleye and Bass, It's still Illegal to buy fish and all you made was a mistake in identification of species.
    I know sounds to easy to work but maybe someday they will get some of these guys one day. But at some point we are going to have to find a way to get this under control or we'll be able to sell all our big poles and go back to the Wal-Mart combos and be happy catching 2 and 3 lb fish because the bigs ones will be as rare as Bigfoot and Loch Ness monsters.:angry:

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I told ya bro all you had to do is be there at night an watch all the jugging going on at the lower end all the way across. The jugs light up green an there is anywhere from 20-60 of them an a guy in the boat watching an waiting. The fish are then taken from the lake an from word going to the pay lake some where near Glouster. I'm just a messenger of this but have been told from so many people about that damned pay lake's buying fish it makes me sick. It's about time the ODNR does their job an police it a bit. They have been called many times about the jugs (which is too many for one person or even two people) but they/ODNR never shows up to investigate.

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Already been tried for two going on three years now the ODNR seems to care less an just let's them keep raping the lakes an streams.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Finally a man that knows what he is talking about you are exactly right!

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    HRCats I've done that an the name was exposed but nothing has been done I guess the ODNR says we lie lol. As you can tell this subject has my full attention. Their the lowest forms of life that do this crap!

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got a good idea what paylake is buying them,,,I just cant name it on a open forum.

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I see alot of guys fishing the river with big water tanks in the back of there truck for transporting fish to paylakes....This is done openly, with no fear of being caught.

I actually think the state is glad they do it, they want the big flatheads removed because they might eat a bass or 2.

13. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And i guarantee if we went to a paypond and took one of those fish back they would prosecute us for theft!!!!:angry:

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh

well,wouldnt they have to prove that they bought the fish,and if so legally before they can say you actually stole it.hey,it was in my livewell in the back of my truck.

sir,i would like to see the receipt where you bought those fish and who from?

thats a good question.maybe a few people ought to start showing up at the doorstep of the odnr and asking questions about it.might not have to start at the lake,but at the odnr headquarters itself.

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I actually believe it is illegal to transfer a fish from one body of water to another please correct me if I am wrong.

16. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    It's not illegal if the body of water you're transferring it to is private (as paylakes are). But it's illegal if the fish are illegally caught (numbers of fish over the weight limit per day,illegal methods etc).

17. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    we should have a boc outing at one of these lakes. one of the pay by the hour joints. we could clean em out and dump em in the river. dnr is another example of gov agencys taking cash and not performing the duties they are given.

18. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Several years ago the state had under cover agents out trying to catch people for selling fish to pay lakes and they did bust a couple lakes and did fine them for buying illegal cats, some even closed....It was called (operation mud cat) and MOST pay ponds wont buy fish from individuals because they know better...I cant stand such places and most people that go to them unless they are handycapped...some say its a learning curve for them I say bull $hit...$$$ponds are not recognized as a sport and should be banned.

19. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been approached by a local pay pond owner on several occassions to sell big flats that I catch. Every time I refuse to sell them to him. So who's to say he hasn't bought them from someone willing to sell? I think it's bullshit that they are even allowed to operate as a business.

20. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    correct me if im wrong but if a paylake is legit and doing nothin illegal,shouldnt they be allowed to run thier business and make a livin?...why do you guys wish they would all close down?...this is a free country and and we all have a right to pursue happiness as long as its within the boundries of the law...we shouldnt judge all paylakes by the actions of a few doing illegal activity...jmo