Self Rising Sinkers

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Deltalover, May 12, 2006.

1. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    As a kid fishing with my dad, we would oftend fish areas heavy with snags. I am talking a breakoof every cast! We use to buy these sinkers that had a disk in them that made the weight plane to surface as soon as you started reeling. I can still remember the sight of the sun reflecting off the disk, 60, 70 yards out. I have not seen these sinkers anywhere for over 40 years. A couple of years ago I tried to describe them on the board, but no one had heard of them! Well, today I was replenishing my tackel box with some item from our local "Bass Shack" and found these long sought after "Self Rising Sinkers"! I just bought them in the two ounce size, but they also have them in 1oz and 3oz and I imagin even bigger can be gotten. If you got a favorite hole that hangs you up, give these a try. I can vouch for them, as I used them throughout my childhood! I am adding a picture!

Attached Files:

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've never seena nyhting like that. but it looks like it might be fun to try.

3. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    thanks for sharing I know they would come in handy in a few spots

4. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Deltalover, thanks for the sinker idea. I fish in snags all the time. It is where the fish are. I'll keep an eye out for these.

5. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I've seen them before but never used them,may have to give them a try.

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Fist time I ever sen that, but it would sure work good in some spots.

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    They look interesting, but how do they work? If I get snagged up how do they free the hangup?

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have never heard of these type sinkers.

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Good post Delta, thanks.

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I've been around the fishing block a couple of times but I've never seen a sinker like that. thank you for posting the picture, I know my eyes will be on the lookout for them now.

11. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    thanks for sharing those
    i too have never seen them but i can tell exactly how they would work well.
    just as a lip on a crakbait brings it down the lip on those would make them "dive" up instead of draggin along your weight

12. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I am definitely going to have to find some of those...anyone know where we can get some online?

13. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Deltalover please send me any info on where you got them and if they ship them THANKS!!!! hear_kitty "don"

14. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm always casting some unusual sinkers. I may try to cut a mold for these, It will be interesting.:roll_eyes:

15. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I've never seen those before, look like it would work good in those tough spots.
    Thanks for sharing Delta.

16. fishboy

fishboy New Member

State:
    SC
    I would be interested in getting some of those

17. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    hey delta, that looks pretty handy for the Missouri. What exactly are they called, or what company makes them? I haven't found an on-line store for them.

18. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    They are made by Haward fishing Supplys, inc. They have a number on the package 510 785 4311. They are called self rising sinkers! If you dont have any luck, shoot me a pm and I will be glad to pick some up for you guys! They are not cheap. I paid 4.79 for 3, 2oz! Look for Star member give away soon!

19. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They don't free you from a hangup, but help prevent a hangup. The extra weight on the back of the sinker causes it to act as an airplane wing and forces it to rise very quickly.

20. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    definatly got to keep a look out ofr those. Should save me some cash in rigs?