Seining in the Dark! Whoops! Or?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Oct 24, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had a recent thread, and was informed that me going out this morning before daylight might not be legal in seining in streams. After having the thread deleted I am alittle confused. I have now heard where it is legal between 4am, and 9 pm. on streams... Does anyone know for sure what the law is? I have never heard of that one, and consider myself a law abiding fisherman.. I will go release all baits tomorrow back in the same stream if I did any wrong doing....thanks, rollo

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    You are Okay according to Div of Wildlife online regs ....... (See attachment)

Attached Files:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am covered under that one, thanks for the clarification Garry. To bad I had my thread deleted due to seemingly false information from another. Should have checked first myself, but I had never heard of anything like that.....:sad2: rollo

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyways, since the other was deleted... I made it out before work this morning. Drove an hour to a stream I checked out yesterday... It was awesome! Full of minnows, chubs, suckers, and who knows what else.. I got a jump on the rain and got enough bait to last me for a long time.. That was the report. I just have to find some time this weekend to get out:wink: rollo

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dang Jason, i was wantin to see a pic of you dumpin out 500 fresh baits.:smile2:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i would have done it and still will if needed. I can get bait plentiful year round, but.. makes me irritated i may have let them go for no reason. Guess I need to read the rules more, but,,, seems they can write them to interpret them how they want anyways... so I don't feel too badly now... i pay for my licenses and do my best to my knowledge, thats more than what alot does! rollo

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ready for the jiggin! rollo

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the bait, I had never heard of any restrictions on seining for Ohio

9. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I don't know rollo. I would go and let all of them go ASAP.....:roll_eyes:

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Rollo was being too kind, I was the one that had always heard it was "daylight Hours" so it was my fault, and "I" should have verified it before I posted that it may have been illegal. Now we all know:wink:

Salmonid

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    All I got to say is the worst thing a honest man can do is to make an honest mistake.