Seems like the bite is getting better ...

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by JBrooks, Jul 24, 2009.

1. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Had plenty of hookups, and a majority of the catfish I yanked out were flatheads. Looks like they're off of the nest. Past 2 times I've gone out have produced extremely well. Would have kept catching more fish all night if the horrid morning shift at work didn't catch up with me!

Going out again and bringing the digital camera this time .. hopefully I'll have a new avatar by the end of the night!

2. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Where you going fishing at? i might see if the wife will let me come out.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats James on the catch. Like myself I usually always seem to leave the camera in the truck or at home. Glad you had a good time. Wishing you luck tonight!

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad someone is catching fish...I took my 7th straight flathead skunking today.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Well,

Between me, Cathunter24, and a friend of mine we probably lost close to a dozen rigs. I'm cleaned out of my 8/0's :confused2:. We knew this spot was rich in snags, but something had to of moved around since the other night, haha.

Met some guys fishing down there already and they cut up a drum and tossed it out and had a decent night, watched them pull out a good 20 lb Flathead - they've never caught one before either. They also lost a "BIIIIG" one close to the bank, the guy was wrestling it in on 8 LB test and it gave in on him.

I did manage to hook into a small flathead before we moved spots. After that they were getting tugs, I didn't get anything and I thought I would still be in that cover (actually I was, I was still gettin' deep snags).

Also convinced we had a bigfoot messin' with us! :smile2:

Not giving up on that spot yet though - it's definitely producing. Just gotta get around these snags! If a fish don't take your bait, you better believe you're going to snag reeling the line in.

6. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    at least it could only start getting better:eek:oooh::wink:!!