Seeker

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Lil Hooker, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Does anyone own any seeker rods and are they any good. I was just given a Seeker A270 rod seems like a pretty good rod.

2. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I read about them on the internet seem to be well built, their are different ones though , like a fast action boat rod, fast action jig stick, etc. Which style do you have?

3. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    They're one of the best rods available for the saltwater community. Gator seems to know these blanks pretty well. He'll post a reply to you at some point.
    /Scott

4. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    I think it's the spinning live bait rod I can't really confirm couldn't find the model on their site. Now I just need a reel to put on it.

5. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    It feels like a medium action I like the tip action going to break it in next week.

6. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

I have two rods that were built using Seeker blanks. Both are glass - one is E -glass and the other S - glass. From everything I've read they're a very reputable company, which is why I chose them for custom work.

7. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I have a 8 foot seeker American series. It is a beautiful rod, it is rated 15 (25) 40 lb test. I have the jigging/live bait one, very fast tip and back bone for days! It has cork tape handel and no reel seat. It is made to clamp the reel on. I have a penn320 Ld reel on it. The rod was 130 bucks, but worth every cent of it. It is made in the U.S.A. and has a lifetime warrenty.
    Here is the Seeker web site.
    http://www.seekerrods.com/

8. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Ya I'm going to keep it not many poles made in the USA anymore. I seen some uglysticks made in china I'll stick with the Made in the USA stuff.

9. RandyH

RandyH New Member

State:
    VA
    YES SEEKERS ARE AWESOME RODS BUT BE CARFULL WITH THE RATINGS FOR CATFISHING YOU WANT THE SERIES NUMBERS AS FOLLOWED
    270 7
    270H 7
    270H8
    970-7 OR 8
    645 7
    LOTS OF RODS JUST BE CAREFUL WITH THE NUMBERS
    THEY ARE E GLASS RODS THE BEST OF THE FIBERGLASS SERIES FOR CATFISHING

10. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I have 2 SU90; 2pc, Gloss Black Surf Rod Blanks coming from seeker any day now, Mod/action. You talking about a cat fishing stick for the shore fisherman, these are definitely going to be one for sure. Feels more like a mod/fast rod blank to me. nice stout rod .

It has a tip size of 6 1/2 which will change when I get the tip cut down to a size #9 that will make for a little bit faster tip and it has 1-4 oz lure rating.

I sent the first one back to the company, tip just didn't look right. So I called and spoke to randy the plant manager and he advised me just to send it back if it didn't look right and he would make sure I got one that was. So I ordered 2.. Looking forward to having them built.:wink:

Good luck on the rod you have and catch fish with it and let us know how well it performs.