see-thru material?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by weathermantrey, Dec 10, 2006.

1. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Does anybody know where I can buy some kind of see thru material to make an enclosure for my pontoon? I can't seem to find what i'm looking for anywhere. Last year I had a 3 way enclosure on my pontoon and this didn't work so good in rain storms. All the water just came in the front. I wanna go 4 way this year but i have to have some kind of material that i can see through.

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    trey if you go to upholester they can tell you i had one made at one a few yr ago it worked good his ph#704-824-3322 j&j upholester i had a hardtop at that time he charged me $500.00 hope this helps

3. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Cabellas sells clear vinyl. Order it by the foot in length and it comes 3 ft wide.

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    The marine upholstery people here use a product called "Eisen Glass", It is UV resistant & can be kept clean & scratch free with a few different cleaning materials available.

Anyone in the marine buisness will know what it is & if they don't........Look for somebody else :wink:

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I guess it depends if you want to go with more of a fabric or a hard top/side way.

6. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    My uncle gave me enough sunbrella material to completely enclose my boat. I think with that vinyl from cabela's I could really go to town on it and maybe have windows all the way around. Thanks for the replies. I'll post some picture in a few months of the completed project.