See red, no see red question.

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Cuda-Cada, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I was wondering how come Cajun red line is advertised as disappearing underwater and that bleeding red hooks are seen by fish that triggers fish to strike. Does anyone know why the color red does two different things for two different companies? Thanks...

2. DTro

DTro Active Member

State:
    Minnesota
    LOL!

We do we park in a driveway and drive in a parkway?

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

some call it a sales gimmick. I think that since the diameter of red line in thinner than that of a hook it does become "invisible" after 12-14 inches but the hooks diameter being bigger and in contrast with your bait gives it the appearence of bleeding triggering a fish to bite from instint not hunger. This is just my opinion and not fact, hope I helped you some.

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yeah that would be what i would think...

but also if u really look at it that cajun line looks like its a bit transparent which the hooks obviously are not... but like he said the hooks are thicker and what not.....

That is a Great Question though
    but i believe that the water does filter out red(thats a fact right) and that the line does become invisible(or close to it) when it is deeper in the water

IMO

Jeff

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I do know red gets filtered out quickly so I would be curious to see what the hooks like underwater. I've been scuba diving on coral reefs and there isnt much color to look at when you get under water. The pictures in books and what not were taken with a powerful flash bulb.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man nor fish can see anything under water after dark, I don't care what color it is!:smile2:

7. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I have always wandered this myself. Cajun Red needs to do everything than can to get me to use that line but Im not buying it ever again.So many tangles.

8. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Blood doesn't dissapate from a wounded fish in a "J" shape:big_smile:
    Catfish aren't sight hunters, so don't worry about the color of your line or your hook.

9. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Most "hot new" trends in fish'n tackle are more for catching fishermen's $$ than for catching fish.

10. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    because they work... they catch alot of stuff... Mostly suckers though... Opps i mean fisherman... :wink:

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've tried em and they don't work for me it's a sales gimmick nothing more don't bother------------pk powell:smile2:

12. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Talkin catfishin.....all ya need to know about terminal tackle is abrasive resistant line....good strong swivels.....sharp hooks...and FRESH bait...all the color gimmics are simply gimmics. Just remember..it don't matter what color your hook or line is...if you put something on the end of all that that they want to eat...they will eat it!:wink: But then thats just my opinion...LMAO

13. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Think back 20 years - before red line and red hooks, cats were caught then with the basics. Stick to them and you'll do fine.

14. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well stated Sam......

15. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Red disappears so the line and hook become invisiable. Supposedly.
    I don't think fish see the hook as a threat but they might.