secret native brown trout

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by JoeDaCatKing, Sep 3, 2009.

1. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    I was fishing at one of my many local trout streams for catfish bait (chubs not trout) when i hooked into my 2nd brown. Talk about a smile on my face I ended up catching another one about 14inches a couple days later. supposedly they are not in this particular stream! anyway my father and I are checking out this stream this weekend with some fly rods. I am glad to see that its quite possible that the browns in Lancaster PA are going to make a comeback!

all fish were successfully released

2. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    Do you mine if I ask what stream it was. I use to live in Lancaster before I moved in April. I did a lot of trout fishing and I fished a lot of the streams in Lancaster County. Fishing Creek in Drumore Township was my favorite.

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    young trout like that are a great sign they are coming back.

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I love me some wild trout. Yumm:big_smile:

5. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    west branch octoraro they dont even stock that side with rainbows. but ive caught rainbows there too:wink:
    and I like fishing creek too I go there all the time for bait but it gets overfished early in the year and it becomes a pain to get more than 2 or 3 rainbows
    Conestoga creek I just found out is a protected brown trout water and I tried that spot out and got into some browns

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Good going Joe...I love to fish for trout too, I go to the high mountain lake's and stream's of the Serria nevada mountain's up here in California.

7. complete angler

complete angler New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Nice. Trout reproduction has been documented in the East Branch of the Octoraro.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/trout_repro.pdf

There are a number of streams supporting trout reproduction in Lancaster County. Many of them support populations of browns, which is a bit more rare.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/classa.pdf

There are many streams that support reproduction in Pennsylvania, in virtually every county. But the number of streams supporting reproduction now is only a fraction of the total number of streams that supported reproduction in the past.

8. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    set my PB brown in a spot where Ive never caught a brown bout 17inches and growing

9. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats some great news man!...there is a river by me that odnr stocks brown trout in and unfortunately they seems to stay in that rive system alone and dont travel much up streams or into other adjoining rivers...not that ive seen atleast.

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    cool lookin fish!