Secret 7 Help

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by strictly catfish, Oct 18, 2008.

1. I am a die-hard Secret Seven advocate and I was hoping someone from the B.O.C could help me out.
    When I cast out my secret seven it is on Dead Red Dip tubes and a #5 treble hook.Before casting out I make sure my bait is dipped in the water to promote it from falling off the hook. {does not help}.
    Every time I cast-out I loose most of the bait and it dissapates in the water.
    Could someone give me some suggestions on how I could keep this from occuring and keep the bait on the hook?
    Thank you in advance for any help.

sTRICTLY Catfish

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Try these.
    http://www.loopersrigs.com/main.html
    They work great. Darrell "Looper" is also a sponsor of the BOC. I know alot of people who use them when they are fishin with dip bait.

3. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    well one thing you can try is to use a larger weight so you dont have to cast as hard the softer you cast the easier it should stay on the hook

4. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma

Don't dip it in the water, ever. Water will disolve the 7 faster than anything else.

The SECRET-7 is plenty sticky enough to hold on when you cast. In the cooler temps you have to really stir the 7 up very well until it gets soft. It gets stiffer in the cooler weather.

Heat will make the bait easier to work with. We put black lids on all our tubs of bait so you can set them in the sun and heat the bait up faster.

Also, you might mix in a little vegetable oil to soften it up some. Just a little oil and lots of stiring is the key. With a little practice you can get it just the way you want it.

Let us know if this helps! Good Luck!

5. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have not caught a thing on secret 7 bought 2 tubes tried in in lakes creeks everyplace i fish .ill stick with shad and shrimp. trash man will pick my s-7 thursday. would like one of them team catfish hats though

6. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I will take your secret 7 if you dont want it. I have been wanting to try it any way. PM me if you want to give it away.

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Rep point heading your way Sam. I have used S7 three times and did not get a bite. I never thought of stirring the S7 before I use it.

Jaime

9. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    As far as i know:tounge_out: most prepared baits need to be worked really well before ya start pushin in the hooks and gizmos':wink: So it's flexable & really sticky!!!!!

10. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    I plan on trying it if we get some extra $$ sometime soon. Does it work good in the fall/winter? I really have no clue about stink baits... I'll be one of those people at wal-mart with their head turned sideways, going hmmmmm... LOL

11. I believe Secret 7 works better in the winter because the bait stays on the hook better in cold weather.
    It seems to dissapate more in warm waters.

sTRICTLY Catfish

12. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    This is my 1st full year of using secret 7....I will keep posting reports:smile2: Right now it's the only thing catching fish around here for some reason:tounge_out:

13. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    ive had the most bites using 7 during the heat of the day. when evening rolled around, i had 2 switch to something else. 7 stays on their "furry thang" product which is a treble w/ a funky looking tubelike thing attached. i love that thing!

14. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Never had much problem with it not staying on the hook, only problem I've had is how to get it off the side of the boat once it's sat there for a while. :smile2: