Secret 7 Dip Bait

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by bobby-catfishing, Mar 20, 2008.

1. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Not sure how many of you have had the chance to try out the Secret 7 dip bait by Team Catfish. I had a few minutes this evening to take my daughter fishing. We did a little bank fishing along a drainage ditch in our subdivision right where it drains into the lake. The bait did pretty well in the short time we had to fish. Abby caught 4 channel cats from 1 to 2 lbs. in about 30 minutes before Momma called and said dinner was ready. For some reason home made lazagna was a little more important to her than a few more catfish. We'll give it another shot tomorrow afternoon and see how it does when we have a little more time.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Bobby i tried it for the 1st time last week with no results,BUT it was a bad day and i was trying it in a place that has not produced good this time of the year.

I will be going tomorrow where i know the fish are at and cant wait to try it again.I also will be wearing my new "Team Catfish hat" as well...Cant miss!!

3. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here's a picture of Abby and one of the catsh she caught yesterday. Hopefully we'll have a picture of a whole stringer full this afternoon.

Attached Files:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thats what it's all about. Congrats to her and you for taking her!!

5. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Where did you try it at?

6. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    what all is in your special bait

7. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Mel,
    I have no clue what's in the bait. It's maid by Team Catfish Gear. I'm trying it out to see how well it performs against other baits for now. My daughter and I went out to the same spot Friday afternoon. We caught 6 more channel cats in the first 30 minutes of getting set up. Then the wind changed from south to north and the bite just stopped. Only had 2 or 3 more bites for the next hour or so. Moved down the bank several times, but that didnt' help. Saturday's conditions with the high pressure and clear skies made things tough again on the lake. The Secret 7 bait did out performed fresh shad and punch bait. I fish punch bait quite a bit and I'm not fully accustomed to using dip baits just yet. Still trying to get used to it. I will say that just about every fish that hits the Secret 7 takes it deep and the bite is very aggressive. We miss very few fish with it. We've been fishing it on a Carolina rig for now. I can't wait to give it a try on a slip cork rig soon.

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I havent used it but i need to get me some dip baits

9. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here's a picture from last Friday of a few more channel cats my daughter caught on Secret 7 dip bait. We fished a little drainage ditch that flow from our neighborhood into Lake Lewisville. Most people don't realize that fishing can be good in these little areas.

Attached Files:

10. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i have and the results where great i bought some for comming season already

11. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Ordered some acouple weeks ago and have to say it smells strikingly similar to another dip I've used in the past, have to do a smell test to determine which one.

12. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I have heard of it, but never have tried it. Congrats on the fish.

13. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Congrats on the catch.

14. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here's a nice channel cat that fell for Secret 7 while we were prefishing for the North Texas Trophy Cats Tournament on Lewisville. This cat had some whiskers.

Attached Files:

15. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Nice cat. I plan to buy some of this bait for this season. If it works anything or better than strike king dynamite then i will definatly buy some all the time.

16. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here are a couple of pictures from Saturday. Abby caught this one all by herself while daddy was catching shad.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38948&d=1207661352

My afternoon guests caught these along with 12 others on Secret 7 dip bait. I had the pleasure of taking Mike and his two sons boys on their first fishing trip. I was also able to share the joy and excitement of watching them catch both their first fish and their personal best channel cats. To say the least, dad was quite proud.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38949&d=1207661352

17. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    The winds were brutal Saturday and Sunday. Decided to completely stay off of the lake on Sunday. I took my daughter back down the the ditch for a little catching from the bank. She caught these 5 channel cats in about 30 minutes in the morning. We then headed for the playground and grabbed some lunch. We went back that afternoon and caught 6 more in about an hour. All fish were caught on Secret 7 fished on the bottom in 1 to 4 feet of water.

Attached Files:

18. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Nice looking catch Bobby.

19. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    just got some in, tried it in the river but no luck!!!!:sad2: gonna try it @ calaveras sat. evening

20. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    Where can i buy some of that secret 7 dip bait. If you can te;; me id appreciate it alot.