secret 7 bait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by marcus22, Jun 20, 2009.

1. marcus22

marcus22 New Member

State:
    toledo,ohio
    anyone ever try SECRET 7 and have good luck. im looking for a bait that works well like it claims. tryed acouple things in pass but nothing really worked.

2. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC Marcus. Look around in here and you will find that it has great reviews. Also be sure to hit the member library, tons of great info in there!

3. marcus22

marcus22 New Member

State:
    toledo,ohio
    thanks....ill have to look around here some

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sonny's, Danny Kings and Secret Seven. Those are my 3 go to stink baits. :wink:

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i have serect 7 bait for channel cats

6. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i just started using secret 7 i usually fish lakes and its done a good job for me nothing huge like 8-10 pounders i see no reason it wont work in a river catfish are catfish lol welcome to the BOC

7. ceptar

ceptar New Member

State:
    ohio
    ... I ordered some up.. ill be making some more milo chum tommorow.. im fired up.....Hopefully it works.:embarassed:

8. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I always used Sonny's in my local lake, it works pretty well. I tried Secret-7 last summer and after many successful trips, I'd say it works better than Sonny's for me. I had never limited out (ten 12"+ fish in Michigan) before, but did so with Secret-7 a couple weeks ago, and got nine a week ago. Never had that sort of luck fishing from just one spot on the shore of a lake with Sonny's. The fish in my avatar was caught with Secret-7 during the afternoon on a hot day.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I use Sonny's as well. I think Secret Seven stays on the looper rig better:wink:

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    my favorite is secret 7 followed by sonnys.that secret 7 is devastating on eater size channels,i never go out without it.sonnys is also a really good bait i have good luck with.but if i had to choose one it would be the secret 7.i dont waste my money on none of the rest of that junk,ive tried themand they flat dont work.

11. marcus22

marcus22 New Member

State:
    toledo,ohio
    just picked up some sonnys and magic bait(sad) at meijer so i can go out in morning and try it out on the river. still going to order me some 7 just need something for right now while my order is in the works.

12. ceptar

ceptar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I don't mean to come off on the wrong foot but after spending 40 dollars on secret 7 and dip tubes minni furry thingies. I am very unhappy with the results. >. Fished for 8 hours with it under slip floats and on the bottom and got nothing on it. Fished with Minnows and i got 7 fish right beside the rigs.

I have been a succesfull catfisherman and i also chum sometimes with soured milo. I just don't understand how this stuff works for you guys.:angry:

13. mikemck

mikemck New Member

State:
    Texas
    I love Secret 7, and have had excellent results with it. It has outdone every bait I've fished it with, side by side.

But, speaking of side by side, here's something interesting I learned that I never would have believed if I had not seen it with my own eyes.

Me & my Dad were fishing Stillhouse lake in Temple,TX, both of us using Secret 7. I was using a Furry Thang on one rod and dead red dip tube on the other, and he was using some kind of nylon batting material on his rod.

He kept getting bites and catching fish, and I was getting nothing at all, fishing my bait, literally, about 3' from his. I was baffled.

I finally took off the Furry Thang and put some of the nylon batting on my hook, loaded it up with Secret 7, and behold! I started getting bites and catching fish also.

No idea why they only wanted to hit the batting material that day, but it's a fact.

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    well you know i had that same problem with danny kings punch bait.everybody was talking it up how good it was and they dont go out with out it.so i got some used the whole friggin tub and not even a nibble.BUT if you just used it once i wouldnt give up on it yet bro.the first time i used the 7 i didnt catch anything either but now its like someone turned on the light switch and they have been snatchin that stuff as sonn as it hits the water.give it a little time.if your using the furry thing switch to the dip tube for some reason i find they hit that better then the furry thing.

15. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Do you use a full tube or cut it up into thirds like he does in his vids?