Second Trip to the Potomac River

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by krabaholic, Mar 30, 2007.

1. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    What a fishery!! I am still learning the river and I am not getting the big numbers of large fish, but I am having a ball. We went out today and caught 28 catfish. I'd say 60% Blues and 40 % Channels. The best Channel was 6lbs and the best Blue was 28lbs. The best/worst part of the day was when my reel broke on one of my rods. I placed the rod back into the rod holder and grabbed one of my bass rods. I rigged the rod up for cats and threw it out. The rod had 14lb test on it and sure enough that is the rod that the 28lbder hit. After eighteen minutes of fighting the fish we got it in the boat. What a pig. I know that the seasoned guys on the board catch these size fish regularly, but that was the second largest fish I have caught in my life, and we had a ball. I attached two pics. One 11 lbder, and 1 28lbder.:lol:

Attached Files:

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Congradulations Ed. You gone be guideing me next.:lol:

3. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    You know that could never happen, but I'll tell ya what that Cat was a blast on 14lb test. I had foothills on the cellphone as I was fighting the fish and I'm not sure who was more excited. I'll be out there tomorrow chasin after them again!!!!!

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I bet it was and being in a river too.

5. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Way to go Ed. Thanks for posting the picture, though it does make me a bit jealous. I will joining y'all soon enough on the river.

6. aplumma

aplumma New Member

State:
    Virginia
    you got to love a fish that breaks equiptment.

Art