Second job

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Cdbush28, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    I don't know how everyone else feels on this topic but i feel that "alternative" methods of catfishing are like having a second job. It really rubs me the wrong way when people say that it is the easy and lazy way to fish. Apparently these people have never alternatively fished correctly. From catching bait, setting lines, and running them again at sun up makes for a long outing. I have been doing it since i was a kid and love every aspect about it. If I feel like going out and relaxing on the water, I load the boat with my rod and reels and do it the "traditional" way.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
  4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't understand why these threads keep popping up. I like both styles of fishing and don't worry about what other people think of me.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    its gang tacticks,lol. J/K.

6. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida

They pop up because there is a divisive element in the BOC that couldn`t care any less about brotherhood. They are simply selfish individuals who want the resource all to themselves. No more needs to be said or thought about them!:confused2:

We are the true brotherhood!

7. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    I don't see how my post is selfish. I was just saying that there is more work involved than one thinks in running lines. I wasn't looking for an argument just thought is was the appropriate place to post considering i am talking about an "alternative method". I was just looking for some support from the other liners not to be brought down by. I very seldom post on this site because I mainly fish alternatively. I thought it would be a good way to talk with some of the others with the same opinion. Sorry if i offended someone with different views. A brotherhood supports each others views, I thought i would offer something for the guys with the same interest.

8. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i understand and fully think your thread was ok

it is hard work and thats why most people dont do it

9. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    I couldn`t agree with you more, Bro. I was not referring to you or this thread at all. Just following up on the angst that was being discussed on the thread Cats4uandme linked. Sorry if I wasn`t clear, and sorry it came off wrong.

Lines and jugs ARE a lot of work, but they are a lot of fun, too. Keep on fishing!

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya it wasnt you bro. it was the other threads on here.

dan i couldnt agree more. there a couple that are the most closed minded selfish guys ive ever seen. but i had to eliminate them so i dont cross the line. i also took a few off too. tired of the argueing. i may one day just stick to this section even though i rod and reel 90% of the time. seems there are more understanding guys in here.

i accept all the methods. crp to noodeling a 50lber for the freezor. thats just me. im not looking down on the method you use.

and seems some think i actually antagonize fights. WRONG!. i join in about the time someone says "unsportsmanlike" about things i and my friends do or when the "cut up his lines" thing starts being funny:angry:. if "they" dont want to see me in cpr threads then leave the "profiling" out of them. jsut accept it or just disagree. dont accuse or start the namecalling.

i was personally "insulted " twice in 24hrs. but got them posts pulled before i blew up. :wink:

never once have i joined or broke in on a thread to copmplain obout anyone throwing back a fish. i say way to go. i break in when the above things start. i think guys cpring all fish is great. but when they rip me for eating them i defend it very strongly. one thing some forget. the "trohpys" that are caught. are the anglers fish to do with what he chooses. i accept all but wasting. some are only our for meals. and when they catch that 50lber to them thats a bog bag of fish fillets. they should have to stop and say "oh i need to put that back so a guy can get a pic of it?" i dont believe they need to do that. it would be nice. but its there choice.

11. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    and as the world turns around i am again going out tonight to catch some channels
    dont worry the stick has passed:wink:

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Its amazing how the alternative fishing method people got their own place to hang out, yet there is still the same amount of complaining.

Who cares what anyone thinks. You people are full grown men, do what ya wanna do and love and stop crying about Cpr folks already !!!!!

Talk about your ways among yourselves and ignore the rest. I've seen more debates on this new section than the actual fishing talk.

I'm a Cpr man but even I'm sick of Cpr folks coming in here and talkin stupid. Some folks just need to learn the word RESPECT !!!

Ok, I will leave now...But I will be lurking ; )

-Jim-

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    thank you and may you have the best of luck to ya in your search for trophy cats

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i aint crying, im just stating the facts. cpr guys have my respect in there ways because its great to release all fish. they gave this section to the guys to dicuss methods not so there was a place to come and start posting against them.

since last night when i posted the please obey thread i decided to let them rant and just leave it be. they havent effected me here and m ost likly wont. i too am tired of the accuasations and the ethics talk. from now on in this section ill just pass the "against" posts up like they were never there. theres more i want to discuss and share rather than blow time arguing with one that is fixed in his ways with no open minded future.

i too release fish and have respect for big ones I catch. but also respect those that want to keep them.

so every one have a great weekend no matter what your intentions. :wink:

i have many more subjects posted on here than just in the heated threads. and its time to focus on them.

15. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc

Easy big guy, you weren't even in my thoughts when I wrote my post ; )

-Jim-

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    nope. not mad at all. we had our differences in the past. notice alot more these days i thank your posts? i try not to hold a grudge. just saying i wasnt crying just trying to state the facts. im as calm as a butterfly. :wink:

17. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I am with you. Couldn't agree more.